Well, there it is....Abbie to acquire Allergan

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Jun 25, 2019 at 7:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something had to change.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn spellcheck.......Abbvie, rather.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And NOW there will be layoffs. Good luck all.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember a few years ago Allergan tried to sell itself to Pfizer?
    At least this time there is no talk of AbbVie trying to reverse merge and HQ itself in Ireland! All these drug company mergers are really bad for the employees, except for the ones who want to leave and get to walk away with a big severance.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As far as I can tell, most people want to walk away with a big severance. As before, those that aren't canned will be the ones hurting.

Very strange move though, as Abbvie split from Abbott to create a "new drug" company, but is now buying a company with old drugs, and a shit pipeline.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so do we expect layoffs? And if so when? Surely they won’t make us wait until end of the year like the email said???

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Irina Koffler on CNBC stated cost savings by head count reductions. Oh yeah, layoffs are a coming. Brace yourself.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sometimes these companies are under pressure to “do a deal.” And they do stupid deals that make no sense whatsoever. And they don’t care about anyone but stockholders. They tend to pay employees to go away.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most people want to walk away with a severance? Have you seen the job market for laid off pharma reps?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Abbott Labs C Suite here. Abbvies debt load is $67B. Add Allergans debt of $24B and Gonzalez/Abbvie combined debt load is a whopping $90 BILLION + Guaranteed massive layoffs for you people coming. Good Luck

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs coming soon!!!!
    R&D, back office, sales & marketing according to CNN.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Link?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Link?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Major cuts coming folks. This is a hard company to work for

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbvie is buying AGN to boost its declining growth rate?
    AGN is bleeding money and Botox is under significant and increasing pressure.
    What are these guys thinking???
    I hope this deal happens so I can liquidate my remaining position at the combined $185 price that’s being tossed around today. Nice windfall from yesterday’s close. But still, 3 years ago who ever thought we would be happy selling at under $200.
    I bet BS gets a big bonus if this deal happens. Great job the past five years, Brent.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brent single handily killed this company. Forest was such a great company to work for and was truly a growth company. Brent wrecked the sports car here

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Titanic!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They’ll be able to cut sooooo much of their cost just with headcount reductions it won’t even be fair. Plus they’re looking at some of Allergan’s pipeline.
    Allergan primary care reps will be hit hard. Botox reps will be cut hard too. I expect they’ll also sell of Allergan’s wasteful hospital sales division