West Sector Meeting in Dallas

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another uninspiring event led by an uninspiring SVP. Majority of the hallway discussions focused on her inability to connect and inspire. The Q&A session was a farce as she demonstrated a ingenious response to most questions. My FLL said she held group meetings with the FLLs, asked for honest feedback and then got defensive when they tried to speak up. Many described as passive-aggressive. Is this the best we can do GSK?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a sad thing called "affirmative action". She is probably very smart with a high IQ. That doesn't always equate to the skills required to be an effective leader with presence and communication skills. We are a sales force, she is a PharmD. A nerd with the right genitalia. Totally uninspiring and no command or leadership ability. GSK could do a lot better...A LOT BETTER! Very nice lady but not a leader of a sales force. For that matter, neither is Cheryl Mc.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People like you often try to talk negative about others in order to try and cover up your own shortcomings. There is a reason she is an SVP while you are a low level employee.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post may have a point. Then again, maybe not. People choose their position within an organization based on a lot of tangible and intangible factors. Perhaps I have a special needs child? Maybe a parent who requires assisted help. It could be that my spouse has an excellent position with his company that does not allow us to relocate. Any of these scenarios could be a reason not to climb the corporate ladder. In any case, based on her performance, she was exposed. The green curtain was pulled back and we all were able to see a minor league performance. I disagree with the Cheryl Macdarmid comment. She is well spoken and has an excellent understanding of our business. Look at many of the TSMs. They have sold their souls to the machine. Treat their reps like second rate citizens. Their egos are out of control and have lost sight of how to be a descent human being.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Men or women leaders.......all the same.....watch out.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK has a very old Sales force, the Hilton looked like an AARP convention.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good! The last company I worked for had a manager 20 years younger than me, and he was a cocky, disrespectful, millennial piece of shit! Tired of these snotty-nosed, inexperienced punkass bitches.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a 45 year old female with over twenty years of work experience (inside and outside the pharma inustry), I can say that most millennials have a very poor work ethic and lack the ability to connect on an emotional level during human (face to face) interactions. All you have to do is to look at the social medial world they live in. Facebook, Instagram, snapchat. Heck, they don't even know how to ask a woman out on a date. They either swipe right or left on Tinder for a "hook-up". So give me AARP seven days a week and twice on Sunday! Before you tell me that the technology is the wave of the future, let me ask you this: How many prescriptions have been written because of a "snapchat"? If and when that becomes a trend, and only then, will I download that app.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is why they are called millennials !

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As one of the 12 millennials that work in the field, good luck getting me to explain how to use GSK tech to you 67 times over. I've already carved out some time to walk my matrix partners through the new systems Monday........

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone needs Tinder, I can tell you're in a dry spell by the extended rant.

Technology has been the wave of the future. You don't even need pharma reps if you can use Google.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, just Google .................... millennial for sure ...........so dumb.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, just Google a rep. Whatta' stupid statement.......must be a millennial !

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually it's happening if you've paid attention the last few years of the offices that have closed at an alarming rate. With the resources HCP and staff have, it's easy to find out info about medications. Why do you think offices are closing more and more vs opening?

From system wide info blasts and increasingly advanced medical info tailored to HCP, pharma reps aren't always needed.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The top medical systems don't see reps, just remember that. Info is coming from many places other than reps.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are saying what the future is like......agreed Sparky, that is 2nd or 3rd best.......there is nothing like face to face interactions....not with a machine.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for checking in, Captain Cornhole.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now go back to beddie-bye time Manchild ......maybe you can watch a little of the Muppets tonight if your mentally challenged Mom is approving.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha Ha , so true !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says who? Pharma companies? As stated before, many of the top healthcare systems don't see reps and that list is growing.