WHAT´S HAPPEN WITH NOBEL PROCERA

Discussion in 'Nobel Biocare' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of people for research, lots of money invested, but new products to be delayed again and again.
    It sounds funny, or not?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You Engrish sound funny, or not?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, so funny. Like your face. Do you speak Italian?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atlantis put Procera to bed years ago

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard....Atlantis is putting themselves out of business....and with all the new Procera features, it should put a fork in Atlantis...the new scanners are selling fast....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Procera has been having issues with the material deteriorating. pitting and a break down of the Procera crowns..a well know fact with the labs
    and the doctors are not happy...it just may be a possible bad lot of material within the last year... Apparently Nobel is well informed of this issue and has not taken any steps to rectify the situation.. typical Nobel.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the scanner and software are not fully functional as the claims - they prelaunched the scanner to save face, make their investors happy back in Oct-Nov 2008, they still need to complete testing on scanning impression materials and determine which ones will work and which ones will not then they have to convince doctors to only use that material), they still need to fully integrate biocad into the scanner and into the procera system, they have labs with older scanners sitting there waiting and now having other choices like 3shape and dental wings that are going to be open systems, plus now they have several companies to choose for their zirconia and titanium abutments and bars plus the price of a zirconia coping is at the $39 range so why spend any money on a scanner and just outsource everything,
    they waited too long to move forward, have over 100 people in Sweden on the project plus consultants, hemorraging money, still testing, and still thinking that they have a cutting edge solution (which they do not)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL...hope you're having a nice swim in the river denial

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PROCERA IS DEAD..

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is right on target. If they would have just been patient and focused their efforts on getting everything air tight before it went to market than they may have succeeded. Instead they launched way too early, pissed off a lot of customers, and made promises with the product that they still cant fulfill. The hole they've dug themselves into may be too deep.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody knows anything about this?

Grogan et al v. Nobel Biocare USA LLC et al

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that alots of key employee are leaving (or already have left) the facility of Biocad in quebec since they have a new director there. ALso heard the union got in because of this new boss that, from my source, was the old director of sales in canada or quebec not sure..

Anyway for my understanding all brillant guys from old Biocad are gone, so dont expect anymore update from their side.

Our lab is switching to 3shape, they are really way better then what Nobel is today!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All that matters to me is that at least I get my bars on time now. Don't care what they changed to make it happen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are the copings though?? In the beginning there were some really bad margins. If they fixed that, than they're on the right track.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened was that they never managed the division right. Then, to put a band-aid on the matter, they went off and acquired Bio-Cad because they at least had a decent reputation. However, the merger didn't work out so well, and their protocol to get the final product became a major turn-off to those labs that were pissed in the first place. Oh, then let's not forget the introduction of th Forte to then six months later say we are no longer supporting it, please buy the Optical Scanner which is less accurate than the touch-probe....FACT!

Then 3Shape came around, becomes the Top Optical Scanner, especially with the introduction of the 800 model, and taken the lab biz by storm. Now, labs can scan abutments/copings and have them milled to their specs by a 3rd party. With IOS scanners, labs are able become highly efficient without the need of working with Nobel. BTW, Nobel say their the leader in digital dentistry???

Now, that is a high risk acquisition with little return!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that they dropped the ball and there's better options out there. I'm just wondering if they finally got their s!*t together with the Scanner and started producing some copings, brides, and abutments that actually fit.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Procera is based on a zirconia, with stacked porcelein restoration. Newer Monolithic materials, like emax offer tremendous strength and esthetics without the weakness of stacked porcelein.
    I believe this is the weakness of the Procera model. I think milled monolithic block based CAD/CAM is the way the market is going. Procera was never a real contender, and as time goes on is becoming less relevent.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i got sucked in to buying three scanners in 2016 over 90 k! I will sell all three for a 30 pack of keystone light beer.Any takers

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not only you i paid $60.000 for wire in my mouth and Nobel biocare said that they didnt design my bar. i file a case against Nobel. It is a Crime what they did.Word leader or word scamer