What are criteria for layoffs?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so I am convinced as I am trying to sell bevespi and it is tanking that the rumor of layoffs by June is a real possibility. What are the criteria for layoffs and my guess is there will be no warning. How has it been done in the past?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bend over and touch your toes!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good grief...the layoff would be massive!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good Grief CRUZ Blows

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Criteria?
    • If you are a Legacy AstraMerck or Zeneca employee w/ the DBP
    • Paid over the MRP
    • You are not a butt swab ass-kisser
    • Have a "2" or God forbid a "1" this past year or 2's in the last two out of three years.
    • And let's not forget---white hetero male

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First to go will be the legacy Zeneca people who qualify for the defined pension. Say goodbye gracefully.
    Second will be veterans earning six figures. Some of you may survive but there aren't many left anyway.
    Third will be anyone who has challenged the thinking of any marketing or hq types at any meetings in the past
    Fourth but not least, any non minority that doesn't help the diversity quotient.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster #6, so what is the difference from what poster #5 listed? jeez.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They should just lay this whole company to rest! Its so pathetic. I don't even know where to start, well maybe, oh never mind. Not worth the time to type it all.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, the fact that two people posted the exact same list is confirmation enough that there probably is some truth to it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or maybe it's the same person!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Criteria....that you work at AZ!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here, I was the second poster so I know for a fact it was two people. I didn't even read the prior post and was surprised to see that someone else felt the same way. I was simply stating what I have gathered from sitting in meetings the last 6 months. Of course they never come out and say, "We need to removed future pension liabilities from our books. But that is what is going on and has been for 5 years.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was the first respond poster. Thank you HQ source. As someone that got hit in December, it became obvious that this was the plan.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If 1 or 2 people are targeted to get let go, which I do believe you...why have COE winners been shown the door as well?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source- any idea when the email will be sent out notifiying us of pending layoffs?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Notification: Early July
    Effective Date of Layoffs: Early Sept

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You really want to know how it goes down? You wake up to an urgent text from your DM, stay by phone, do not leave house today. Email comes with conference call time. Dial up at 9:00am, news delivered and done by 10:00am. Clotting begins immediately and package is mailed the next day! What is so hard to understand? Minimum 3 months severance, .....you should know the drill by now!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly how it went down in December. Cold & calculated. Takes a special kind of sociopath to be in senior leadership and HR in general.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real cold calculation was the abrupt cessation of CNS selling in July and switch to other products. That play disrupted sales figures for COE and therefore took that issue off the table for those who could have been in the running for the required 9 months.