What are Patterson's benefits like?

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much paid time off do reps get per year? Is medical/dental coverage paid?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you are on the draw plan the first 2 years, you do get PTO but once you are moved to commission only, you don't get PTO because it is all based on your territory sales. You can take days off but they obviously aren't paid and there is no set number. You are just expected to hit your monthly quota.

As for medical/dental, the coverage is decent. A family costs around $450-500/month for all benefits.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"How much paid time off do reps get per year? Is medical/dental coverage paid?"

Get off this board.

pick up the phone and call hr you wimp.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"When you are on the draw plan the first 2 years, you do get PTO but once you are moved to commission only, you don't get PTO because it is all based on your territory sales. You can take days off but they obviously aren't paid and there is no set number. You are just expected to hit your monthly quota.

As for medical/dental, the coverage is decent. A family costs around $450-500/month for all benefits."

Totally incorrect.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, totally correct.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reach Around Fridays are fun... head over to the branch manager's office to give yours.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Blowjob Birthdays? Are they included in the plan too?

I really need to know this.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the car allowance and mileage reimbursement plan ?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have to pay your own expenses when attending meeetings ?

What is the policy for travel expense reimbursement ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they provide a cell phone or give you a reimbursement ?

How much ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If another Patterson rep dies, do you get PTO to attend the funeral service ?

How about the mileage to the cemetary ? Can we expense that too ?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a ton of days off per year, they are called Saturday and Sunday.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I NEED ANSWERS !

I WANT ANSWERS !

HR WHERE ARE YOU ?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously????!!!! You are considering a sales job where you can make some really good coin, and your main concern is cost of benefits and amount of PTO? I hear they are hiring schoolteachers in rural Kansas..... Maybe you should check that out instead!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't make "really good coin" at Patterson unless you've already put your 5 years in, kissed the branch manager's ass and got all of the good accounts from people quitting. For a new rep, Patterson BLOWS so the benefits do matter.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do lames like this exist? Come on forums basically to discredit posters with legit questions about companies their interested in...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the first few years when you are on salary, you get a cell reimbursement (around $80) or you get a cell that they pay for. (if you want an iPhone 5, you pay out of pocket for it but they pay the monthly bill). You get a car allowance (depends on the town/state/area as places like LA have a higher cost of living than someplace like Alabama) then you get mileage. You are allowed to expense business related things. All of those end when your salary ends. Regardless of it you have salary or not, you get your normal benefits package of blue cross blue shield, vision, dental, short term, long term, etc. All of those items come at a slight cost to you but very cheap. If you want to add a family member then its an arm and leg. You can get stocks after your first year.

Every branch is basically their own company. If you are on salary, you cost the branch money. It is in the branch managers best interest to give you good accounts if a tenured rep leaves. This rarely happens but if and when it does, they help out. Of course if the branch manager does not feel you will pan out, it is in their best interest to give the account to a seasoned rep who will make it grow faster.

You can make anywhere from 50k to 80k (salary, car allowance, cell allowance, mileage) in your first few years but keep in mind that after that, you are on commission. If you are planning on making this a long term choice, then make sure you work hard and you make every visit count. Push equipment. Patterson is not the lowest priced option. Sell the value. Realize you will struggle and you will cry. If you work hard, you can make it work. You will want to quit often. Be prepared to get back up when you fall down. Good luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for a good, accurate reply........ This really opened my eyes to this " great opportunity" I was contacted about. $50-$80k including car package and cell? That is not competitve at all. Car and gas is worth atleast $10k on the low end and that isnt really income. That is a must have to do the job. Hardly a perk. Realistically, this is a $45-$70k/year GROSS income job. Your net income including exclusion of paying for benefits will be $30-$50k. All of this and I am sure you are working your tail off. IMO, you are better off with a job at Best Buy.

Thanks again for the input!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"IMO, you are better off with a job at Best Buy."

Laugh all you want.

I was in dental 25 years. Did it all. Successfully (mostly). Lived Quotas, meetings, travel, missing fun at home, meals with s hit birds I hated, co-travel with useful imbreciles at ever turn, dentists that were so cheap and bad at business they should have been grave diggers that rob the corpses of their crowns, stupid idiot home office personnel - all of it. Watched the stress literally kill people over time...

Got the home front in an expensive coastal area and a few rentals paid for and producing income. No debt.

Left the dental 'business' a few years ago for a lot less pay, but virtually no headaches. Home every night to a warm bed... Rental checks arrive on the 10th of every month like clockwork. Good paid-for health insurance

I return here to this site to stay-in-touch and learn how the 'new generation' is thinking, and what you guys/gals are going through just to keep a 'job' (where you will eventually be thrown under-the-bus because you either 1) performed too good (make too much $) or 2) because you didn't perform to their phony made-up forecast numbers.

Holy S h &^*(^ i t Boys and Girls.

Life is Too Short. Best Buy would be like a vacation from dental today.

Think about it. Time is vicious when you waste it.

Willy Loman

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said Willy Lo! Dental is brutal these days and more and more of our product lines can be accessed through internet wholesalers. This may have been a career for you in the 70s but it is nothing more than a job these days. Definately not making to money to by rentals. Sometimes making thr mortgage is an acomplishment!