What are the doctors really saying about Steglatro?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2018 at 6:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

serioulsy, what are their thoughts? Are they writing? Is there any managed care coverage? With Belsomra doing poorly, how do they justify all the reps and overhead?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real question about are they writing can be answered by looking at the national numbers. We do not get much in the way of feedback about how the drug is doing. What is the plan to change for 2S if any. Real questions. Answers ?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the new plan for 2S. Any change in bag structure. Also what is management saying about Steglatro

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drug Rep: Hey doc...I want to tell you about the hot new release from Merck! It's called Steglatro and I'm telling you this has blockbuster written all over it! Your're gonna be writing this stuff with both hands!!

Doc: Steglatro? What the heck is that? Only steers & queers would use that drug...Looks more like Steglashite to me...Now get out of here or do something useful and order me a ham sammich will ya'?

that, my friend is what docs are thinking...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any change in bag structure for 2S?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not worry, HQ has posted a new AVP of marketing for Diabetes and this new person will put us back on the map with this dying franchise. Despite what the job post says they do not want people with experience in pharma, they do not want people from Merck, they do not want people wth any ties to pharma, they do not want "older" marketers. What they don't want today is what they wanted yesterday which is what I might agree with...but the same misguided and incompetent leaders are still in charge. Unless there is massive change at the top (which I predict) Merck will not be around for another 125 years let alone the next 5. I hope the board will be bold and not accept the same old same old. Research has turned the corner but the marketing/commercial/sales and everything else is the same old and same old guys from the past.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No person is going to save the Franchise. It needs new products! 4th to market will not cut it. Januvia is carrying the load now. When it loses patent protection, it’s not going to be pretty.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any change with bag structure in 2S. That could make a difference. Dave is a master at knowing the market. Hell. I saw him in Hawaii this year. He must be great

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pay attention. DPP4s are going to go the way of SUs in patients with normal to moderate egfr. The proof is showing up in the SGLT2 class. Unfotunately with fourth in class, we are pretty much defeated.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/ada-real-world-analysis-for-farxiga-has-az-exec-feeling-very-optimistic-about-cv-outcomes-study

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll tell you what doctors are saying, nothing. A polite smile occasionally in an effort to placate but no Rx being prescribed. Of course the CTL is generating all the scrips in any territory but but reality, it’s a dog.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“The “Me Too” era died with the ARB class.”

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Steglatro is a very important drug meeting an unmet need. What a drug.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The doctors are actually asking me to check my numbers because they are writing the shit out of Steglatro with the efficacy this product provides

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, sure they are. Are you that stupid? They’ll tell you anything for their free lunch.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the Rxs per territory per week showing. What is going on to generate Rxs in the south

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait, did you just say that the doctors are asking if you have seen any RX’s because this product provides shitty efficacy?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This drug class has tremendous efficacy and if you knew how to sell you would be parlaying this class effect and using your lack of skills to influence docs to write. The south is blowing the numbers out. Where are you?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually have started to look at Gator. You are right. Steglatro is kicking into a new gear. Why is Steglatro doing so well in the south. This drug class has tremendous efficacy and Steglatro certainly has nothing to back down from concerning efficacy. Steglatro is fast becoming Merck’s growth drug and by year’s end will have a 15 share within class

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are already at a 12 share nRx

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i barely have 1 Trx a week and my DM says it is the same everywhere.
    This drug is going nowhere except sending me to the unemployment line. I am trying to get out of here.