What are the top dermatology companies to work for?

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Anonymous, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    I sure would appreciate any feedback on those that have been in the dermatology business for years on the best companies to work for in terms of company culture/work environment and products.

I have been a hospital specialty rep for over 20 years and to be honest, I am at the point in my career that I really just want to sell something I am very passionate about and love the areas of esthetics like cosmeceuticals. I believe I would really enjoy doing something like that and I'm ready to make a drastic change even if it means sacrificing some of my salary.

In dermatology, what would you consider the dream jobs? I'm not saying I would necessarily get one of these jobs, but it would be fun to research that and see.

Thanks for your help!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. 620 views and no comments whatsoever. Thank you ALL for being so helpful. I can only pray in the future when you need something, no one will help you. So pathetic.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll bite. I have been in Derm since 2008. I have experience as well as cynicism. Here is my quick break down:

Valeant-On paper they look like a GREAT place to go to work. They are probably the largest (because they have bought several good companies for their products only to lay off the reps). Their bonus is high (payout can be $40k plus in a year). The downside is that they will lay you off at the drop of a dime. Oh and by the way, they will give you a 1 month severance.

Aqua-On paper, they too look great. They will be ramping up more reps in the next few months as they acquire a few new drugs. The downside is that the managers (both DM and sales vp) are bat sh*t crazy.

Galderma-In the past, they were a solid company. Their pipeline is dry. The reps I know that are with them are usually happy.

My advice is to go with a smaller company. One that has a team of 40-50 reps. You can make a name for yourself. The downside is you can't hide in a company that is small in Derm. If you are a 10-2 primary care rep you will quickly stand out.

Companies to consider: Take a look at Exeltis (I have a friend that is happy over there). They have just rebranded themselves. Think about Taro, Ranbaxy(they have a good Accutane drug) or Leo.

Novartis(PharmaDerm) is coming out with a BioSimilar that should be hot.

Abbvie is always hot bc of Humira. But don't get your hopes up. You are not going to easily get on with that company because the reps don't leave. They pull from Abbvie primary care or go with reps with several years of derm experience.

Avoid Mayne that is recycling Doryx. They are hiring reps on a 1 year contract.

Avoid Intraderm. There President (Jeff Day) ran Quinnova into the ground. His side kick Glenn is horrible.

Allergan is a tossup. Pipeline is dry. Merz is also a tossup. There go to drug-Naftin-is short on patent.

I hope that helps.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anywhere Howie isn't

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only way to really find out is to work for any of them.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once upon a time there was Syntex. They are long gone, along with Stiefel and Dermik. In their heyday they were big.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You forgot about Puracap. Lol. I think about 10 reps out of about 30 have left since March. Lol. They may have some openings. They did change the bonus structure so you may actually make bonus. Their product is almost 10 years old so mostly every one knows about it. They have some crappy dispense products some reps are selling. Overall looks like a bright future at Puracap. Lol.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avoid Mayne that is recycling Doryx. They are hiring reps on a 1 year contract.

Avoid Intraderm. There President (Jeff Day) ran Quinnova into the ground. His side kick Glenn is horrible.

Allergan is a tossup. Pipeline is dry. Merz is also a tossup. There go to drug-Naftin-is short on patent.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbvie is always hot bc of Humira. But don't get your hopes up. You are not going to easily get on with that company because the reps don't leave. They pull from Abbvie primary care or go with reps with several years of derm experience.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who ever wrote that breakdown is a moron. Most of the companies that he/she listed as good are not even around anymore.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Syntex had a great derm product line with Synalar, Lidex, Topsyn and Synemol. Super company for reps. Folded when its star moneymaker...Naprosyn....went off patent.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it was written 3 years ago. Now who’s the moron

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kindness anyone?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i love working at Prugen!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prugen is filled with losers and scumbags. What happened to the biggest one of all Scott C?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree with that. Prugen is a joke and so are their reps

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prugen is still a great place to work

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prugen is hard to get into, but once you are in, you’re set!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about Encore?