What are you going to do?

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by anonymous, Jun 4, 2018 at 8:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

What are you going to do?

1. Quit and go somewhere else where you're sure it will be better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Try to get poached by HS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Retire and go live under a bridge on your ESOP stock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Make whiny posts about how bad it is at Patterson, but do nothing about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Go out and sell something

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, 18 days until the annual earnings report comes out. Stock simmering just above 20, and setting new 52 week lows almost daily. Almost 50% drop in market cap in 5 months. I don't know about you, but I can hear the wolves slowly closing in on the carcass of what used to be a great company.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell I'm gonna wait it out. Only two more sloths to go in the runt and fatso. Does that make it better? Not immediately but it does make me feel better. We're not a bad company just run by buffoons. The company isn't the leadership it's those of us in the field. We can piss and moan all we want but we're still largely in a relationship based business. Yes I'd like to have lower prices at times but if that was the be all end all then the internet retailers would be bigger then they are. I'm not blind to the issues, the .25% ESOP the mindless drivel from the top and the parroting of what to do and just sell from mgt at all levels but that's all I've got right now.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m convinced that the stock price will never rebound to the $40+ mark and I, for one, don’t care.

I think smoking out the vermin will have an impact and if those last two rats hit the door soon then I’ll ride it out a while and see what fresh leaders may bring.

Here’s a suggestion, in Vegas, if Fatboy Killian or Runty take the stage, don’t boo or don’t clap. Just ignore whatever they have to say.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think your right it'll never reach $40 again. But too many sheep to not boo/clap in Vegas. The booing I'd be surprised if anyone was bold.enough to try that. Clapping is expected, unless you just don't care and want to piss off the hall monitors they'll have floating aside from your GM.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

waiting it out is not necessarily the safest and most conservative plan of action. Sometimes not making a move is making a move, those who thought it was safe to stay on the titanic were mistaken, it was those who took their own destiny in their own hands that actually prove to be the most prudent and conservative and happy… Because they stayed alive !!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I vote for whiny posts and general passing of the blame to those Minnidiots. But apparently we have the best leadership we could get for the money available.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you lazy sales wonks sell anything yet? Q4 is gonna blow how about Q1?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I sold my soul to a company that was led by incompetent @ssholes that bled the company dry from the top down, and left everyone sucking @ss........

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Afraid you got this one wrong. Against all odds and despite piss poor and nonexistent leadership, Q4 was stronger than expected and the earnings call will be a pleasant surprise which PDCO sorely needs 3 days before the NSM.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've got proof of this? And in reality all its going to do if true is give the stock a temporary bump. The tailspin isntisn't stopping any time soon

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Q4 sales and pre-tax earnings will indeed beat the latest estimates. However no one is claiming this marks the beginning of the great turnaround or that we've even necessarily seen the hard bottom. Recall the guidance was revised downward not once, but twice in the last 12 months. Steering this monster vessel takes a ton of real estate and we've been a ship without a rudder for a long time. To be sure, there are still rocky times ahead but there is reason for cautious optimism that the worst of this debacle is behind us. If you're still here like me, we should be looking for any hint of a silver lining to this shit show. Incessant bitching and whining on CP forums isn't going to make our lives any better. My .02.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well if you set the bar low enough your bound to reach it I guess. I am still here but I'm also a realist. This ship has been sinking for years and we're not bailing the water fast enough. I'd like to think we're turning around but I have serious counts. We'll see in Vegas what the spin is. How hard they try to sell us on a new vision will be the sign of what's to come

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess if the lastest estimates are utter and complete collapse, than yes, sales will beat that estimate. This corpse has floated to the surface and is coming apart at the joints.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t wait to see the fireworks in Vegas. This is going to be our year. LOL

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cant wait to hear the words of wisdom from Rogan....."this is a game changer folks". He has used that term so much he believes what he is saying...too bad the game changed for the worse! Get ready people for the biggest BS session you have ever heard. I dont think I will be in attendance....I have had enough of their BS. Time to move on.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both Rogen and Killian are a pair of hapless gasbags that should be muffled forever. Unbelievable that they’re both still here. I’ll go, but very last time if these two clowns are still here by the end of the summer. I’ll roll my eyes around like everyone else who has to listen to their garbage in Vegas.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think I’ll milk one last trip on the company dime them I’m out of here. The place is too rotten to come back. Had a lot of fun here for a while but the shanigans by the BOD and the Minni-morons destroyed the place.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New BOD member comes from the agriculture industry?? Solid choice here for a lightning fast evolving dental industry....oh boy, this changes everything .

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what am I going to do? I’m getting out of here like the dozen top reps that just left from various parts of the country.

Exit stage left...the place is screwed. B/O’s are beyond belief.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Delaying the earnings report for a month is a horrible sign. Basically means the accountants needed more time to make the dismal numbers more presentable. Lots of tricks and cheats to mask the truth. That's why alot of failing companies end up getting sued down the road. Of course in this case, I guess sued again.

Also hearing the Vet side is collapsing as well with mass Exodus of repa so they won't be able to prop up dental much longer