What can they do to make this place better?

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there is no way you can be this incredibly naive or gullible. you know the culture vt has fostered there. lick your wounds and walk away.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just haven't been here long. But good to know I'm moving on.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good points. Thanks for the response. Haven't been here long at all. Leaving because I got an offer from a larger, reputable company.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Professionalism and MDL in the same sentence! Don’t make me laugh. I had a manager that did nothing but badmouth one of the big labs. Come to find out, he has been trying to get on with them for at least 2 years. They think he is a complete joke. Worried about getting your last commission check? Forget about the pathetic commission formula at MDL and walk away knowing that you will be making a hell of a lot more from day one. MDL does not have the funds or the balls to pursue a non-compete and even it they did, they don’t have the caliber of accounts you want to go after anyway! Walk away and feel good about your career for a change!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and who do you think put all of these upside down rules in place??? VT !!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

VT may be the “wizard behind the curtain” at MDL such she is definitely the butt of most jokes within the lab industry! What kind of company hires someone like her with zero experience and leadership skills. Local management is no better than a good laugh. Joke leadership for a joke company!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AND.........what does it say about EM who promotes and supports a person like VT. I can't even think of any right words to describe her. Dictator? Maybe an insecure and immature little girl? No couth? No sense of professionalism? Sophomoric?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. VT has become an embarrassment to the lab industry. Her horrible reputation far precedes her. I've actually been advised to NOT list MDL on my resume and take my changes with the gap. Put down I was working part time at another place while I was looking or roll the dice and put nothing. Seriously, the job interviews I went on and the recruiters I talked to..........MDL is the kiss of death and everyone knows who VT is by reputation.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a hiring manager actually ask me what my thought process was when deciding to interview with MDL! She wanted to know what led me to MDL for long-term employment. Tough when you don’t have an answer other than a paycheck while trying to get on somewhere else! I did mention what a joke MDL’s hiring process was. Training was three days in a back alley dive because they were too cheap to provide a decent training environment.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also had a hiring manager ask me about mdl. More specifically.....who was this vt everyone seems to be talking about. it's professionally and personally embarrassing. i pray every night vt gets what coming to her.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep and what really chaps my ass is that EM acts like he absolutely doesn't care to what happens to his company or employees.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This bunch has no idea how to keep good employees. Most find out what they are in for and the TRUE MDL and they are gone. Anyone who stays around would have a very hard time out in the “real world”! I always felt like I was in college selling Amway. Very shady!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ones that stay there do so because they can’t get hired anywhere else. The new VP of Sales maybe finished high school but has zero college. Who can respect that?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

refresh my memory.........does VT have a college degree? If so, what in?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. She’s a M.T., ASCP
    BB might have finished high school and butchers the English language. Embarrassing to listen to her talk with doctors.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was she born outside US or a trailer park inside US?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The best thing to do to make this place better is to sell off what little assets they probably have while they still can. The testing and management are a joke. Can’t last much longer!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sit around with around 6 or 7 of my largest accounts and we diss on mdl and vt. don't care. my accounts think it's a joke and i can't stop laughing because i agree with them AND i'm leaving this shithole and f$#%^&^% b$#%^ vt.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is even better is I am collecting a paycheck for doing absolutely nothing. I act like I am the perfect rep in front of the manager (we call him Barney Fyffe) and he has not a clue. Our motto for him is “Starbuck’s gain is MDL’S loss!”.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you do realize that mentioning Starbucks does not narrow down the management field. A large number comes from this bastion of medical know-how! You don’t actually think any manager with integrity would show up at this disaster to manage!