What division is safe

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 11, 2017 at 10:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Respiratory, CV, HSS, ONC, Diabetes?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

None are safe!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is the thought that there will be layoffs by the end of June? Or july?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop listening to trolls, no layoffs are coming! These are exciting times, especially in oncology.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would have to say that you are the troll on this one. For others, go back and review the posts on the 1.2 billion dollars in cuts, mainly in marketing, that Pascal announced for 2016-2017. Look at the downward trend in resp sales. Look at the loss from Crestor and nexium and seroquel. Look at the focus on oncology that Pascal has talked about with investors. Look at the lay offs in July and Dec of last year-not near enough to reach goals. Look at how many reps in resp and diabetes. Really need over 1200 reps for Symbicort? (Don't want to even mention the couple of Bevespi scripts out there). Sure it is a negative view on things but need to face reality on this one.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very correct. Denial is alive and well and ain't a river in Egypt.

I have repeatedly shared on various threads that AZ will be specialty focused only (soon). They will lie, burn, steal ensuring that those not aligned to those chosen TA's are safe. Please for the love of Pete, do not fall for it. I shared what is coming for respiratory/pcp. Do you really think w/ a dog that is Bevespi and a generic Advair coming very soon, that there is a need for all you folks? I tried to tell you months ago but denial was rampant and still is. Diabetes? Seriously?
    In the area I live, you could literally go down to one rep for two territories that have two reps. Yes folks that means 4 down to 1. Can be done easily. And HSS's? WTF??? Get out now. Do not wait for a "package" unless you already qualify for early retirement.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes heard June as well

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR insider here. Last post must be one of my colleagues. It will be a bloodbath, unfortunately. Diabetes, Resp and CV sales and management will be crushed... circulate your resume's NOW!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a colleague. Just someone that can separate the forest from the trees. If these positions on diabetes, CV and RST/PCP mattered for the future wouldn't they have handled December differently? What I mean is, you had specialty (CNS) DSM's and reps (promoted position) go bye-bye w/o so much as a pat on the back. You had a lot of MAPS people that had to interview for the "promoted" position back in 14' that were in many cases high valued DSM's let go w/o any consideration for the potential to fill DSM slots where a particular DSM had been underperforming.

If there was long term viability to these sales positions, you would think the organization would have evaluated the procedure differently in December. And based on your response, this seems to make sense.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

None of us is safe. They will cut you loose for any number of reasons once you begin to cost them more that the median amount. Right now it is about 5.5 years depending on how high you started.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really! Oncology has so Many poor AZ people over there and that means the same old, same old thing!
    And as far as AZ leaders, they have to go outside to hire new blood instead of training it's seasoned reps. So, that being said. How many AZ reps are worth a nickel in a real sales position? The Leadership team a
    Is really pathetic butt kissers that yes say "yes" and " ooh your right my fearless leader". ....

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who would have guessed that our French, crepe making leader would have conspired to get rid of ALL of the former AZ employees in this company when he took over? Kind of makes Zook and company look pretty good right now if you were a legacy employee. If you made the last round of layoffs and are legacy or have been here 15 yrs or more, be assured the target on your back is so big, only a blind leader would miss it. I've also heard the french have excellent vision.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One point of clarification on above post. While few of the dsm's that moved into MAPS were great managers, many were losers and had management issues and HR was looking for a way to get them OUT of a management role and moved them to MAPS. Great example was KY in NC. Horrible DBM that most reps hated and colleagues knew had huge ego and was a suck up. Always thought he had all the answers- a real jerk! He was moved to MAPS b/c was poor manager and turned out to be a sorry Integrator. Would demean reps and dbms and provided ZERO value as Integrator. His CBD knew he was worthless too, as were most Integrators.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The RAD position is the graveyard of failed careers. This is where they send those that have failed in marketing or leadership positions and AZ doesn't know what else to do with them. Once they are shipped out they never come back. Nobody has been able to name a single person who was demoted into the RAD position and was brought back into a leadership role. Managed Care is full of these demoted losers hoping to hide long enough to make it to retirement.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HSS is a very safe division. These people really help me out get into offices and get me in front of important people

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks, I needed that this morning.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chicken little is alive and well. Why do you torment people on this thread!?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You weren't calling me chicken little last year when I gave you the heads up before the big layoffs!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. Lots of talk and wild rumors in corporate but only a small group of higher ups really knows for sure what will happen. If your manager or manager's manager tells you they know what is going to happen then they are lying. Might as well relax and enjoy the ride because it is outside of your control. That goes for us in HQ too.