What do dental reps do on Fridays?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by anonymous, Sep 16, 2016 at 9:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been offered 2 jobs. One with a pharma company (better base salary) and one with a dental. I have experience in the pharma world, and I know how it works. What do Dental reps do on Fridays since most offices are closed? Clearly, I know the company expects us to work, but I'm just trying to weigh out pros and cons. I'm sure I will get a lot of smart ass remarks, but if just one person could level with me that would be great!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most are closed in the northeast in the summer on Friday. Wednesday is a popular day for many. When I was an implant rep, Friday was paperwork day. Pharma is a safer place, since major dental co's fire as fast as they hire.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

same thing we do Monday-Thursday. Not much

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you can't find 8-10 dental offices open on any day of the week, you shouldn't be in sales. Stick to pharma. That isn't sales.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the idiot of the day speaks.

We're you ever in pharma?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I was in pharma for 6 years. I got out when "no see Mondays" started and the offices started booking lunches a year in advance on the calendar. Dental is TOTALLY different than pharma. Offices have minimal rep coverage and most like seeing their reps. They also don't require lunch and are delighted when you do offer it.

Pharma sucks.