what do people think

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The other post is all the info needed. I wanted to put some more activity on the board. Does anyone have any information, critisism or praise? Please post. On Glassdoor there was one positive comment but besides that I could not find anything, except the old posts on cafepharma.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of Turnover. They just fired their NSM, because he was an idiot from LabCrap.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a great company to work for. Most of the negativity posted here is from previous reps who were fired. The company doesn't tolerate under performers. Definitely recommend applying, it is a solid, reputable lab.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a East Coast rep its probably a ok place to work. MDL is getting killed on the west coast. Not from a former rep!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm about to go into an interview with MDL. Can anyone tell me more about the current status of the company? Saw that turn over is high, but that's typical in sales.
    Is the turn over due to employees or the employers not being satisfied?
    How's the management?
    Room for growth/ hire within?
    Good track record with their clientele?
    Lab provides quick, accurate results/ customer service?

Any info is appreciated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are CHEAP and crappy benefits! No yearly raises! You can do better....look elsewhere!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry that I have not take the time to let all of you know to Run the hell away from MDL!!
    Bad comp to work for and the NSM is a wack job. As for the East coast group with MDL all I can say is slime!!!!!!
    The West Coast is not much better, There sales staff has issues and has had a large turn over due to poor Manager support.
    As to what I think! Pass any job with this group!!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the same post keeps coming up from one person. did you work for the company? and if you did what happened? please be a little more detailed than run, run away.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would like a serious answer to this question, am I making a mistake coming on board here?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are giving you good answers. Research the company. It is not a mistake but don't be naive. Remember anyone can post on any board. Good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tel you this much, and it is the absolute truth. a very LARGE percentage of the sales reps are looking for another job. This company was once great to work for, but recent changes in the past 6 months have all been bad, especially for the sales reps. top management unapproachable, no field support, and training once you are in the field is non-existant (especially in the NE, which has only gotten worse in the last year). They are more concerned with adding more people to the sales roster than they are actually helping the people they hire be successful. There is no vision coming from the top, only hit your numbers or hit the streets, and by the way, do it with no support or coaching. there have actually been multiple new reps fired recently within weeks of starting. Oh, and don't you DARE call your RSM for help, they are "too busy" interviewing, so figure it out yourself. And when you submit stuff for approval, so you can close a huge account, and maybe actually make some commissions, don't hold your breath, it may be weeks before you get a response, that is besides "I'm too busy interviewing".

Remember, this company is "ALL ABOUT THE SCIENCE", people can just p*** off...........

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear they are making changes in regional mgrs across the country and have brought on a new NSM. Is this true?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you looked at the company web site they have posted job there for people who are still working in the company think about that

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above post so very true

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah new NSM is a JOKE, has no imagination or idea of where to take the company, or how to actually treat people so they want to stay or work hard. Was just brought in to be loyal puppy dog doing the bidding and dirty work for owner who is bent on takng over the world "oneswab" at a time................. definitely change for the worst, which is why so many sales reps are leaving, that and only a few of the 30 sales reps making any commissions. Am's doin ok, but base salaries are pathetic, which is why nobody with lab backround comes to work for us. Ex waitresses yes, experienced lab reps...............not so much. Used to be a very high quality group I was proud to be a part of. Now.................well going downhill fast................... just look at the boards and you can see all the bad press started after new nsm started...................I rest my case. previous guy we would have gone to end of the earth for. nobody dares speak about it tho because everyone afraid of losing their jobs...........yes we have been threatened. but I don't care because I am in final interviews and will be leaving this rat hole very soon..........bye bye baby

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there have actually been multiple new reps fired recently within weeks of starting.

How do they justify doing this?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT IS THE MOST UN PRODUCTIVE THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED?! TALK ABOUT A WASTE OF MONEY??? WHY HIRE JUST TO FIRE? WHY NOT COACH AND TRY AND BUILD A GOOD SOLID TEAM, "OH YEH" YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR I GUESS!!!! AND THEY DO NOT PAY MUCH, SO FIGURE IT OUT!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quote:Yeah new NSM is a JOKE, has no imagination or idea of where to take the company, or how to actually treat people so they want to stay or work hard. Was just brought in to be loyal puppy dog doing the bidding and dirty work for owner who is bent on takng over the world "oneswab" at a time................. definitely change for the worst, which is why so many sales reps are leaving, that and only a few of the 30 sales reps making any commissions. Am's doin ok, but base salaries are pathetic, which is why nobody with lab backround comes to work for us. Ex waitresses yes, experienced lab reps...............not so much. Used to be a very high quality group I was proud to be a part of. Now.................well going downhill fast................... just look at the boards and you can see all the bad press started after new nsm started...................I rest my case. previous guy we would have gone to end of the earth for. nobody dares speak about it tho because everyone afraid of losing their jobs...........yes we have been threatened. but I don't care because I am in final interviews and will be leaving this rat hole very soon..........bye bye baby
    Quote:
    I can tel you this much, and it is the absolute truth. a very LARGE percentage of the sales reps are looking for another job. This company was once great to work for, but recent changes in the past 6 months have all been bad, especially for the sales reps. top management unapproachable, no field support, and training once you are in the field is non-existant (especially in the NE, which has only gotten worse in the last year). They are more concerned with adding more people to the sales roster than they are actually helping the people they hire be successful. There is no vision coming from the top, only hit your numbers or hit the streets, and by the way, do it with no support or coaching. there have actually been multiple new reps fired recently within weeks of starting. Oh, and don't you DARE call your RSM for help, they are "too busy" interviewing, so figure it out yourself. And when you submit stuff for approval, so you can close a huge account, and maybe actually make some commissions, don't hold your breath, it may be weeks before you get a response, that is besides "I'm too busy interviewing".

Remember, this company is "ALL ABOUT THE SCIENCE", people can just p*** off...........

These two above quotes are PERFECT summarizations of this company. Dr. M should really take this stuff on here seriously....VT candy coats everything while the reps suffer!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above posts are 100% TRUE & ACCURATE, interviewing and getting out of this RAT HOLE ASAP