What do y’all think will happen with Trelegy and asthma?

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Oct 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So Trelegy showed improvement in lung function for asthma but not significant reductions in exacerbations.
    How do y’all feel like this will affect Spiriva or will it at all?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The triple was obliviously the right move and BI completely and totally dropped the ball as always. Trelegy’s going to have dual indications. It still gets written for COPD. It has a good safety profile. We screwed ourselves by not getting a triple.
    Too late now.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Completely agree. And Trelegy is getting used for asthma already. I mean it does have Breo in it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, by combining a steroid and two bronchodilators you get an improvement in the lung function of asthmatics? Genius!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

amazing that our dumbass company didn’t think of that.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Admittedly this is easy to say now looking back, but here is the post-mortem. Years ago BI paid for the rights to RMT. It was a bold move and seemed a possible game changer. The limitation was the aqueous medium, so no ICS. Even then it was the next mistake that sunk the ship. The conservative nature of our leadership chose to bring RMT to market with a study that didn't show superiority to HH, nor did they build any of their own PIF research into the compendium to go after a PIF indication.

One day, when RMT is generic, research may validate a need for this type of delivery in select patients. To late, to conservative, to narrow, to slow, to bad.

I really wish it would have worked out. In fact, I give the marketing team kudos for creative engagement.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with what you are saying. However, before the first LAMA/LAMA was approved, many industry analysts felt that class would be much larger than what it currently is. Besides, wouldn't BI have to pay another company to use or manufacture an ICS?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with what you are saying. However, before the first LAMA/LABA was approved, many industry analysts felt that class would be much larger than what it currently is. Besides, wouldn't BI have to pay another company to use or manufacture an ICS?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had 15 years to figure it out with Spv HH, which was at its peak a $5Billion a year drug. They could have done it and chose not to. Complete disaster.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BI owns several generic ICS formulas.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plus, at it's peak, Pfizer was there to hold BI's hand. Spv would have never had the success it achieved if not for Pfizer and their relationships with health systems and payers.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK is shady AF

14. Kelly Hirsch

Kelly Hirsch new user

I just heard that Trelegy in Asthma was approved - is this true? Anyone hear this? 2 month review time??

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t believe the lie that BI was unable to produce an ics in a RMT inhaler because of the aqueous solution needed by the RMT. That is pure nonsense. ICS’s have been produced successfully in MDI inhalers - which utilize an aqueous medium.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nasal steroids are in a aqueous medium and they are delivered In a mist by a mechanical pump

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. I can’t even begin to enumerate how many field-based managers and people at home office have repeatedly given the scripted excuse that the reason BIPI couldn’t come up with an ICS in the RMT is because of the aqueous solution/mist particle size required by the RMT.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok what ever..move on.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Y’ll are gonna see some aqueous Mist in Texas. small particles and Large particles in aqueous ass stink all within ya’ll inspiratory flow.Rest in Mist