What Goes Around Comes Around!

Discussion in 'Chelsea Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you say is valid and I am not the original poster. The fact remains that many of us were treated in a very unprofessional manner. There were many qualified candidates that were used just to interview when the manager knew full and well they were taking people from their previous teams. This obviously isn't the case with every manager, but it did happen. With that said, if you are being told 6 months you might as well at least double that. Nothing will happen in 2012

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you not think hiring managers do this all the time? YES. And why wouldn't they if they already know the rep and know they are good. It happened to me at another company, was it fair? NO, but I would hope someday if my previous manager was hiring for a position they would do the same for me...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agreee, we never had a shot, This is the same shit that goes on at other companies. Big pharma has big layoff and DM and reps are let go. Dm finds new job at new company that is hiring for a new product. Guess what?? that DM hire mostly his/her people back and does nt even give other people a chance!!! This is BS. I was not even called!
    This has happend 2x to me and the DM in many cases is hiring the ol buddies and loser they ahd on their old team

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of crybabies. Of course a dm is going to hire people they have previous experience with. Part of building a team is making sure it is a cohesive unit. If u know people work together well and are successful, why not stick with what u are comfortable with. Grow up people.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it not feeiling comfortable with your team. It is unfair, illegal and deceptive. You have to give people a fair shot, if you know prior to hiring that your going to hire your ol buddies from previous company then you shouldnt even bother wasting people's time. I saw some very qualified people be discounted and "shit" hired at other hiring events. Pfizer DM hiring their ol , lazy, unproductive and idiots hired almost with no real competion.
    some hiring events are no better than elections in 3rd world countries.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not original feeder but agree w/ comments about some managers & hiring process. I rec/d phone screen & manager was late & did not apologize. My time is valuable & did not appreciate the disrespect. Manager had attitude so why waste my valuable time? Possibly feeder meant what comes around goes around toward the action from manager & not others? Not sure but seems clear seveal qualified candidates time was wasted here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you choose pharma this happens. been there done that and was unemployed a year and half. seems sayin is meant for disrespectful hiring process and not people accepting jobs. if you didnt get involved with process you have no understanding of actions displayed. it was crappy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said man

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I flew to NC for another company (Talecris) interview with a jacka$s displaced PFIZER manager for a houston position and he didn't look at me the whole time while asking questions off a sheet of paper. His cell rang and he picked it up telling me it was one of his old reps from pfizer and he really wanted to talk to him. He told me after they hung up that was one of the other candidates for the position I was interviewing for.

The really annoying thing about it all is I flied back and forth to NC the same day when he lived about 25 minutes from me.

Anyhow, different company, but same idea.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

flew, not flied (before the grammar police get me)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not saying that there aren't bad managers out there that handle themselves poorly in the hiring process. However I am say that it is not uncommon nor is it bad practice to hire people that you are comfortable with. I looked very closely at a RD position here at Chelsea before deciding it was not a great opportunity. I decided to go with another small startup where I will be hiring a team and you can be sure that the majority of my new team will come from people that I have previous relationships with. I will interview others, but at the end of the day it is extremely important that there is a strong team fit for everyone hired.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which dm? Did most of the dm's come from Pfizer?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give us all a break! You are no RD and if you are, then you are a real idiot. You hire the most qualified and highly consistent rep...not your ole buddies. Based on your mindset, I'm sure Helsea turned you down which isn't saying much.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were almost 5000 people who applied for these jobs. Not everyone got screened. Move on.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was given an offer and knew no one in the management team. You are not correct.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No RBD were from Pfizer. Shows you don't have a clue.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not saying that "this is the only way people are hired" and not all managers want to hire their former reps and in some cases the hiring DM does not have pool of ex-colleagues to choose from. And this will happen less and less and as it becomes more difficult for DMs to bring thier ol teams back esp if they yave been unemployed for a while. I ran into this situation twice with ex-pfizer dm and ex-takeda dm, in both cases all they did was hire their old team back, and many of these reps i knew -they were shit. ANd lundbeck you had ex-abbot hiring a lot of their old reps back. Where i am right now i was hired on my merrits becuase the DM did not have a bunch of ex-reps trying to get rehired and they had to hire the right expereicne.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Illegal, unfair and deceptive to hire people you are familiar with? Give me a break and grow up. Spread your negative attitude somewhere else. Maybe you did not deserve a chance.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They had 5000 candidates. Good people were passed over. Move on.