What happened last week

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Nov 4, 2019 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Serious question

I heard 119 people laid off

First I heard it affected sales then I heard differently

Can someone tell us what happened

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fake News..... be gone troll...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was 160, not 119. Waltham got hit hard. More is coming in January.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My friends losing their jobs is not fake news.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More in January? Where are you getting your intel??

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a troll bitch

Asking a question

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company claims it was only 160 people who were laid off, but I've been told it was actually 221 positions that were eliminated. 61 positions were open that were eliminated and 160 people were actually let go for a total of 221 total positions eliminated. Luckily we who are reps were all safe. No reduction in rep positions. Managed Care got hit hard. I heard 24% of them were eliminated. KAM's were downsized too. 21% of the KAM's were let go. The home office was hit really hard. A lot of the layoffs came from marketing and R&D. Losing so many in R&D is really scary since that is what drives the future of the company.

I too am hearing this is just the start. Company claims it isn't and there will be no more layoffs but that's what they said when they let go a bunch of our ASD's a few months back. That was just the prelude to this bigger lay off. People in managed care were told at that time they were all safe and not to worry then WHACK 24% of them are chopped. We reps are being told this time that we are all safe and not to worry (just like the managed care and KAM's people were told back then) so I'm worried we will be getting a big "WHACK" right after the first of the year. I'm not going to sit and wait for it. Already have my resume on the street. Here's a tip for those who do not want to wait around for the next ax to fall.

Biohaven pharma
    Sage Therapeutics
    Acadia pharmaceuticals

Three great companies that are expanding and we would be a perfect fit.

Good luck. Don't believe what the company tells you. People in managed care, KAM's, marketing and R&D did and houndreds of them were laid off a week ago.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Iā€™d avoid Biohaven. They hired the worst management team. Total primary care job. Beware.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sage is not expanding. The jobs you see posted are because people have all left. Terrible culture and 60-hour infusion not doing well.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All companies Lie, this one is Not exception!!! There will be another lay off rounds come 2020.