What happened to Bill Humphries?

Discussion in 'Stiefel Labs' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor has it Merz is moving to Boston....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

617 area code.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former Stiefel employee wins $1.5M verdict in securities fraud lawsuit
    South Florida Business Journal by Brian Bandell, Senior Reporter
    Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 12:32pm EDT - Last Modified: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 4:10pm EDT
    Related:
    Health Care, Legal Services, Coral Gables
    Enlarge Image

Charles Stiefel, who was CEO of his family-owned Stiefel Laboratories, lost a $1.5 million judgment to a former employee.

A former employee of Stiefel Laboratories won a $1.5 million verdict on allegations that the Coral Gables-based company defrauded its employee shareholders during its $2.9 billion sale to GlaxoSmithKline in 2009.

In 2011, U.S. District Judge James King blocked a $226 million lawsuit against Steifel from the former employees from obtaining class action certification, but he allowed individuals to pursue the claims separately. The lawsuit alleged that the employees were told the stock was worth $16,469 per share, but the company’s directors, including former Chairman and CEO Charles Stiefel, knew it was really worth $60,000 per share. The company re-purchased shares from employees at the lower value.

Now, following a jury trial, Judge King has awarded former Stiefel Labs employee Timothy Finnerty $1.5 million in damages against Stiefel Labs and its former CEO. Finnerty was represented by Podhurst Orseck Podhurst Orseck Peter Prieto and attorney Norman S. Segall. Other lawsuits against the company are pending.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOUSE OF CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Besides Charlie who else was a company director in 2008/09?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have and comments are terrific, Bill thought he could run from his past after being thrown out of his job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your still have sour grapes after being fired by Bill. Too bad. Unlike you, he wasn't thrown out. It is easy to tell. If someone has a gap in employment, then they were probably thrown out. However, if they moved on to another job, they left on their own accord.

Bill had a great run at Stiefel. It is just too bad GSK screwed up the company. Like it or not, when a large pharma company buys a business, it is the mothership calling the shots. I am actually surprised that Bill stuck around for as long as he did.

Just wondering. Have you found a job yet?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

weeehhhhhh, I got fired by Bill and I can't stand it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's too funny!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what you are talking about?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear Bill has hired Jim H from the old Stiefel days. I wonder if that could be true?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. That is really amazing!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We really can't be surprised that Bill would hire friends. Next he'll look to buy failing businesses from friends with vague terms that may beneift him personally. Next the businesses will under perform and corporate scrutiny will mount and then they'll fire Bill.
    We've all seen the movie before.