What Happened to the Infusion Pumps?

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by anonymous, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In 2008, they were building Plum A+, Plum XLD, Gemstar, PCA, and Symbiq at Morgan Hill. There was a oxygen sensor (Oximetric?) for measuring blood flow rate. The MH factory had about 500 people working 2 shifts. There were no product recalls, no line-downs, no FDA letters of warning, no import bans - nothing. So what are the reasons for the decline that followed?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were you in the cafeteria where it was announced ?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What was announced in the cafeteria has nothing to do with answering the OP's question.

By avoiding this question, the problems never get corrected and grow even bigger over time.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The OP is answering on his own behalf again ? Get over it and move on
    End of story

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't read this thread if you don't like it. It will be "end of story"when the First Amendment is abolished.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What ????? Explain yourself bro

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to work for Hospira and worked on all the Infusion Pumps. I am shocked the CEOS got away with lying to the FDA. I will not get into it but the FDA and Customers were lied to. If Hospira was honest then they would have had to shut down production of the Pumps and the "cassettes" disposables. Then the Hospitals could go to another vendor as Hospira broke the contract and the hospitals had to go elseware.

Most dishonest group of folks I ever met and glad to not work there anymore.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like Begley froze your position took your retirement $$ then gave you the boot. Were you Fired Outsourced or laid off ? Which one ? It makes a difference ....I need to talk to honest people who lost positions through no fault of their own ....The terminated ones are too nasty.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was fired for fraud.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left on my own . My work load doubled in the 5 years I was there and I could make more $ going elseware. I was shocked at the outright lies to the FDA on the device and consumable failures. When Hospira finally figured out the issues they could either : 1) stop production and lose accounts (if they can not supply the hospitals then the Hospitals can go to competitors and the contract is null and void) Or they can lie to FDA. They chose the latter and everyone knew the lie. It actually worked. I wonder how many patients got injured from the products ?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

none.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The family of Seth Williamson would disagree.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fin

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think if you go back to history you will the Morgan Hill Management team put Symbiq on hold and the company never sold a new device after late 2009. The company made every attempt to solve the technical problems but could not.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They were barking up the wrong tree, IMHO. I believe it was unnecessary to kill Symbiq. It may have been an easy fix. They should take a second look at some of the comments made during the design reviews.

When something doesn't work, Hospira and other medical device companies tend to go after the parts vendors and the contract assembly houses. To protect themselves against outside criticism, they never consider whether the design was all that robust to begin with. Herein is the crux of the problem(s).

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

QCore is delivering the next generation, some shady shit imo. Plum 360 was released this year, but sales are focused on Sapphire.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The infusion device business crumbled after Symbiq hold, Many of their top talents quit ,They tried to push a stop-gap device to the market, the project was lengthy and over due multiple times. The next generation plans were too risky and expensive to execute. They decided to give up making devices and sell others.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Symbig was outdated, and with a flawed design and FDA hold it wasn't competitive.
    The LifeCare PCA3 /PCA5 and Plum A+ are superior. Only drawback is they all use identical software which could allow an unauthorized user to interfere with the pump's functioning, and ultimately access the pump remotely and modify the dosage it delivers, which could lead to over-or under-infusion of critical therapies. Symbig was also vulnerable but it's history now.

HR

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you say Symbiq was outdated when it was designed well after the PCAs and Plum A+?
    What was the purpose of introducing Symbiq when Plum A+ was already superior?
    What was the flaw in the design and why couldn't it had been fixed?

This cyber security issue is a whole lot of nonsense, IMO. Where is the demo?