What Happened to the Infusion Pumps?

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by anonymous, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're the pump expert What was the flaw, The Oxygen sensor ?

HR

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR, I am asking you. YOU wrote that there was a design flaw in Symbiq, not me.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know more about the pump end than I do. Also don't downplay the cyber threat Sometimes key political and military decision makers are hospitalized and persons of interest wouldn't hesitate to employ an easy method to their advantage. A VA hospital is JUST as prone as a private hospital.

HR

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of the flaws on all of the pumps mentioned was the cyber issue

HR

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a most unreliable way of assassinating someone. How would the hit-man know when and what pump will be assigned to his target? You have been watching too many MI movies.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No demo though, even after 2 years of these claims.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not talking about hit men.Talking radical Islamic Pigs Who unfortunately aren't as stupid as you think.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not following you. What do you mean by no demo ? That it wasn't proven or it hasn't happened yet or something else.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Referring to the cyber security experts. They have gone as far as buying used PCAs and Plum A+ pumps off Ebay. Supposedly, they were to demonstrate the security flaw, but it hasn't happened. One security company, did put on a demo, but that was considered a sham.
    Another guy did a TV interview but all his ebay pumps were turned off during the interview. Why? Because it would have been obvious the pumps have been broken by the cyber expert's tampering.

BTW, I am not a fan of HSP but I don't like to see HSP's product get bashed for no good reason.

Good day.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer dumping the whole device end. Bye Bye MM
    HR

Fierce Pharma
    When Pfizer ($PFE) snatched up Hospira last year for $15 billion, the pharma giant said that it didn't have any plans to abandon Hospira's device business once the deal closes. But now Pfizer is having a change of heart, weighing an option to sell Hospira's pump and devices unit as Hospira struggles with its beleaguered business. The sale is still in early stages and Pfizer may choose not to hand off Hospira's devices and pump unit at this time, people familiar with the matter toldBloomberg. But if Hospira's pump business does go on the chopping block, it could bring in up to $2 billion for Pfizer, sources said. Pfizer is keeping quiet about its plans, with a representative from the company declining to comment to the news outlet.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer needs to decide quickly about what to do with the pump business. There is a brain-drain going on, IMHO.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MM has been on borrowed time for years. They are used to the uncertainty and knew for SURE their fate was sealed when big blue snatched Hospira. ....Just like ACCS and Precedex patent expiration ....... HR

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can understand why Pfizer bought this line of business. They had no choice. They had to take the pumps to get the pharmaceuticals. But then, why would another company want to buy the pumps? Just because Pfizer wants to sell the pumps doesn't mean it will happen.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some company's like to show a loss, then write the loss off. Others will advance the technology and manufacturing and attempt to increase bottom line.

HR

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the explanation, HR. I always knew there was something funny going on with the infusion pumps. If that was what they were after, they did a pretty good job. They must have forced out the people who were trying to fix things to make money and promoted the guys who screwed things up to lose money. Managerial geniuses worked here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the explanation, HR. I always knew there was something funny going on with the infusion pumps. If that was what they were after, they did a pretty good job. They must have forced out the people who were trying to fix things to make money and promoted the guys who screwed things up to lose money. Managerial geniuses worked here.

:DBANG BANG ....... NICE TRY:D

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, it has been over a month. Is anyone buying the pump business for $2billion?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard from a Smith's Medical VP that they are interested in purchasing Hospira...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like Fresenius is the lead runner in the purchase of Hospira pump business but has hit a stumbling block. I hope they get it as their leadership position will increase in the USA. Hsp Plum is a good device and fir for the US market. Pity the leadership is so flakey.