what happened to vp of sales?

Discussion in 'Dendreon' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe they were talking about treatment with The isotope Radium 223

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just looked it up again. Radium 223 is radium dichloride and not an isotope. My bad. It's normally used to treat metastatic bone cancer but recently studies have been conducted on metastatic prostate cancer with success.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you don't really work for Dendreon-because if you do it explains why sales suck. First off radium223 was not the talk of ASCO. No way a niche product in prostate cancer would be a talk at a meeting of 25,000 Oncologists who treat multiple tumors.

Second, you claim that "It's normally used to treat metastatic bone cancer but recently studies have been conducted on metastatic prostate cancer with success." Don't know what you're saying here. If you mean it was previously indicated to treat only bone cancer, that is impossible. It was only recently approved for 1 indication. Patients with metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer with symptomatic bone mets.

Perhaps you mean there are studies for MCRPC without bones mets? That too is impossible. If you actually read the PI and look at radium 223's mechanism of action you will find that it "mimics calcium and forms complexes with the bone mineral hydroxyapatite at areas of increased bone turnover, such as bone metastases. The high linear energy transfer of alpha emitters (80 keV/micrometer) leads to a high frequency of double-strand DNA breaks in adjacent cells, resulting in an anti-tumor effect on bone metastases."

In other words, it ONLY WORKS IN THE BONES. So no one is conducting studies in patients without bone mets because the drug would not work. What they are trying to do is trying to move earlier in the treatment cycle by looking into non-symptomatic bone mets. Perhaps they'll explore bone mets for other tumor types as well. Either way- your claim is way off base.

You don't know the name of the drug, you don't know how the drug works, and you claim that studies are being conducted in areas where the drug would have no effect. Please stop talking about something you know nothing about. And please, please, please don't be an actual Dendreon sales rep.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incorrect about using Radium 223 only for metastatic bone cancer. If you google radium 223 one of the top entries that comes up is about recent studies using radium 223 for metastatic prostate cancer. The studies indicate that Radium 223 extends life span of Those with MPC by 3 months. Once again, used in conjunction with something else ( like Provenge, Zytiga, chemo etc) may significantly extend lifespan

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but If JJ and Medivation already have approval ( 2 years now for JJ) I'm not sure that Provenge coming in 3rd is really going to help. Are the COGs somehow so reduced as to create more favorable CBA? The regulatory environment from the EMEA is more strict than that of the FDA and, unless DNDN can partner with someone in BP I'm not sure i see a real break out here. Please inform with details and I would appreciate an objective answer, and not name calling.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riga got fired. He took the package and left. End of story.
    Next page. Riga got saved by uncle Joe at Spectrum. Riga is now a VP of some wierd department while he waits in line for uncle Joe to create a better job for him at Spectrum. Uncle Joe has the wool pulled over everyone eyes at Spectrum and can do just about anything he feels compelled about.

Final answer. Riga is sniffing the behinds of the guys he used to work for at Amgen! Uncle Joe and good boy Keller.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now who fires Joe?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, absolutely another lie.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rigs was begged to stay and was not fired. Fact. We are weaker today without him. Fact. Depinto is the worst of the bunch. Fact. The stock is circling the toilet. Fact. Grab a life vest, it's over. Fact

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riga retired. Fact. We are stronger today without him. Fact. Depinto is the best of the bunch. Fact. The stock is poised for a huge up move. Fact. Fasten your seatbelts, the best is yet to come for the company. Fact

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riga doesn't work for the company-Spectrum now. Estee doesn't work for the company in bigs datas. Gold doesnt work for the company-Alpine now.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riga is not at Spectrum. Yet absolutely another lie.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grade school equivalency diploma?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, EMEA approval won't increase DNDNs coffers. That extension could very well kill DNDN

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone filled the position of VP of sales?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no VP of sales afaic and there may be no Chief Compliance Officer. TA is gone. Let's not focus on the negative though. There is an executive corporate communications person. Very important and worthy of the 125k shares given the position so far.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe didnt want a VP of Sales because he couldn't handle not being on the stage all the time. This company had a bunch of frat boys running it. At least Joe and PA are gone.