What Happens When You Resign??

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by anonymous, Nov 27, 2018 at 6:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just getting ready and want to know what to expect. I was planning to give a two week notice.
    Are you removed immediately? Is there an exit interview? Where do you leave car (laptop, iPad)?
    I assume at a PSC.

I've visited this site often and understand there are cynics. Just thought I could get a little info. Thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prepare to be walked out the door if you are staying in the industry. Laptop and phone will be turned off immediately and then the threats of legal action. Fedx package to your home within a week with copy of your non compete. None of it means anything. Good luck. Leaving Quest was a great move for me. Less work and $200k per year.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smart move is to give notice in writing of two weeks. If going to a competitor or not revealing where you are going, they will likely pull the plug on you and pay you the two weeks. Be sure to know how leaving impacts your variable comp and this might influence your decisions of timing.

Expect a hurried up exit interview .

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds great - where do you go?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you give 2 weeks you will be out the door the same day. They are not stupid. They will come after you so take some time enjoy holidays and get ready in jan.Do not worry since you are all going to same spot and will be okay.Will not be easy since Quest does a good job

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Explain to me who does care if you quit?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for the responses so far. after I leave I will have more comments. not venting just some observations

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you really need the money I would not give a 2 week notice until you collect a paycheck from your future employer. This way the cash flow isn’t disrupted. I left 2 years ago for a better job and quitting Quest is the easiest thing you can do, believe me.

If they bully you into saying where you are going tell them you’d rather not say and that you want to make a clean break. Then ask them to respect your professionalism- even though they won’t.

For what’s its worth, they are bitter you are getting out of the suck and that they are trapped!

Good luck, congratulations, and Happy Holidays!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another loser talking BS

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The brain is working as we speak. The problem is like the rest where do I go?
    Stay where you are. You may be jumping off a cliff and have no clue.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Sounds great, where do you go?” Good Lord, son. Not that we need more unanswered questions about your life, such that it is, but I would like to know who the hell hired you in the first place. Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce. That’s where you should go, because your presence at Quest Diagnostics, does upset us. Please, pull over, park our car in the nearest safe location, leave the keys under the floor mat and walk away. We have technology to locate out property. Hope this helps.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ladies and gentleman I present to you the Quest Diagnostics group think.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

to #'s 9 10 11
    what is wrong with you? do you come on this site just to try and pick a fight? I understand that CP is 99% worthless due to people like you but seriously? it is a pretty fair question

Stay where you are?
    Some pathetic reference to the oldest of shades, flipping burgers?
    Who is "we"? Some 20/hr week soccer mom PAE or the Dad who tells family "I have office work" while putting false calls in SFDC? If you cant help, shut up...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's time to tone down the aggression, son. We are not your problem here. And other than a long history of painful and humiliating rejections, what have soccer moms ever done to you? We were trying to have a meaningful dialog with a gentleman who found himself overwhelmed, through no fault of his own, by someone who placed him in a position he was ill equipped to handle. And it appears that you have some issues of your own to work through. Dr Laura will be on the air in a few hours. Perhaps you should give her a call to discuss your "feelings". Hope this helps.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happens when you resign.....your life gets a whole lot better.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the original poster. Sorry for the conflict. I know enough about CP to understand there was a better-than-good chance this might happen.

Yes, I was trying to get input based on my situation. There is no need to focus on the reasons for my decision. The years I have spent here have been some great years. I have enjoyed the relationships with my peers and clients. In fact, the reason for the post was to find how to best manage the transition.

Quest is like many other companies. It is what you put into it. Yes, I have seen some people that are able to manage their lives and their jobs with minimal effort. I have seen those who go the extra mile everyday.

I have a unique opportunity with close friend with the expansion of a successful family business.

Good Luck, thanks for the input. I wish all a Merry Christmas and success in any endeavor.

FP

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no easy way since reality will hit you eventually

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From experience, work at least one working day into the next quarter and you will get paid full commission for that quarter.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The exit interview is all done online. I don’t recall the area of the HR website, but I believe most of your questions can be answered there. It might be called “Leaving Quest” and from their you can download the Leaving the Company brochure

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are wrong: "you get back what you put into it." This is flat out BS. There are so many things out of your control it's hard to be consistent here. And the fact the jokers that make the budgets never justify the #s makes you wonder even more. Sure - we all have a number to hit - but when you get a whacky number and nobody can explain why - tells you what a flabby and dummie organization you work for.