What has your Iroko offer been ?

Discussion in 'Iroko' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard everything from $55k to $73k among other things....

For those of you who have received an offer, and keeping in mind that you can tell us anonymously, can you please tell us what your offer looked like, and how long did it take for you to receive it after your panel interview?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still waiting; it's been three weeks. Recruiter told me to keep waiting...??? You?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mid 60s. Tried to negotiate to no avail

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had a face to face screening, I am suppose to find out soon if I move on to the panel interview. Keeping my fingers crossed, I really want this job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have pharma experience?
    I don't, but I do have a Masters of Science degree and 14 yrs in sales.
    Mid 60's would be ok with me.
    Any idea on if laptop, ipad, or any other type of technology is provided?
    I have heard from one source the car is a Fusion, another told me Penn & Ohio are getting Impala's. These are just little details, but still curious. - Chris

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You again ??? Move on man!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

57,500 - with car, etc. 2 wks and a great territory. Look out world. I'm so excited to be starting in pharmaceuticals. I wonder what people with 5-7 years of experience are able to get to start? I've heard 70-75

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am in Georgia. i got the 70k i wanted but now they are talking like i am getting a ford fusion. wtf. ru kidding. at merck i had a caddy. i cant be pullin up in a fusion. who is gonna take that serious? me and my RMP have more to discuss.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you got 70k that's bs if your post is any measure of your ability

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mid 60s only

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the turn down today.
    They said that I was the strongest candidate with no pharma experience that they had seen, but that my Masters degree posed a flight risk. Ouch !!

I guess it's back to flippin burgers. :)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear that. And, it might not be totally dead yet. The last job I interviewed for, they hired someone else, that person went to training and failed and was fired. So, now they are re-interviewing and trying to fill the opening quickly.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never heard the term "Flight Risk" as often as I have since beginning to talk with Iroko and Inventiv. WTF are these people afraid of? Treat people right and you will get performance and loyalty. Play silly-ass games and everyone is a "flight risk" Iroko may want to keep this in mind as they develop a Sales Culture for future success.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does 'flight risk' really mean too much experience, too old or too expensive?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got offered in the low 50's. Trying to negotiate but if that is it than I will move on.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had phone interview and was told They would call the following day however no call. Do I assume no call not moving forward?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was the one with the MBA that was told I would not be moving forward due to being a flight risk.

To answer your questions....

In my case, it can't mean too much experience, as I have none in pharma.
    Too old? I doubt..... I am 35 and look more like late 20's at most.
    Too expensive? I doubt... he said $60k is what they are paying and I said "sounds good"

My rejection came in the form of an email and it said "while you were a strong candidate, we have to minimize risk on our hiring process. Someone with your level of education and background could potentially find another opportunity quite easily and we will have lost tens of thousands in your training. We just can't take that risk at this time. We hope you understand."

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was offered $56,000 and said no.
    They came back with $56,500 take it or leave it.
    Feels like a slap in the face. In 2007 I started with Forest Labs @ $75k and that was like shooting fish in a barrel. Didn't have to do anything to exceed quota.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This Iroko gig wouldn't have been rewarding for many of seasoned reps that looked at this position. They have me too products. Only 20 percent less dosing than previous products that were introduced in 1973 (diclofenac) and the other one they are bringing out early next year if they get it approved, that was introduced in the 1960"s. I can just see the faces of the docs I've called on for years when presenting another repackage. Not only that but I am sure the reps will be stocking pharmacies ... and if anyone has ever tried stocking pharmacies lately with a me too version of meds ... well it's a waste of time. Not saying that eventually that one won't get scripts but it is an humiliating ordeal when they have plenty of generics that will do the same thing on the shelf. If it was my pharmacy, I wouldn't stock until I was forced to from demand. And to make claims that the product is safer ... well I believe that will not be approved by the FDA to say. Think about it ... all this low-balling on pay and talk about flight risks really is a tip on Irokos lack of confidence on how this whole thing plays out and how many quality reps would bail on the first opportunity.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As always - I think this depends upon how they treat their people. If what we've seen is an indication - Iroko will want to make some quick and serious cultural changes to support a Sales Culture. If not - they will get the very thing they are afraid of - "Flight Risks"