What is it like to work at Ranbaxy in the US?

Discussion in 'Ranbaxy' started by Anonymous, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Readers: This is a perfect example of management. Blame the reps.

How do you get a pharmacy to stock a product when it is back ordered by the manufacturer or not even in thier system? That makes no sense.

Four pharmacy calls per day? It was two when I worked there, it was two when I left. That's a lot. Good luck to whoever is left.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which products specifically are on backorder??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VERY TRUE posts here. I worked here as well, for about a year. I put my efforts into pharmacy calls constantly. I would get a doc to write based on my realationships and I would get calls from the office becasue the pharmacy couldn't order the product. Pharmacy said it was not longer manufacturer, out of stock ect. Manager did not want to hear this feedback even though it was the same story time and time again. It would be availalbe for a while, not again out of stock. Total nightmare. Everyone in my division left. All newbies now. I do with them best of luck cause the turnover is about a year in each territory. People give up and move on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are excuses from reps who are not doing their jobs. You take the same excuses from the doc and pharmacist. Use your sell sheet with the NDC # and tell the pharmacist to order the product. Pharmacist does not want to carry a low demand product. If he said he cannot order it, then ask him for the wholesaler and the regional site. HO can get the product to the site over night. You have to drive demand to pull the supply. Otherwise, we will continue to have this problem and we will have new reps in three months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it like to work for Ranbaxy in the US? There's your answer:

"We will have new reps in three months" is the response to their product being backordered or having mismatched product names, NDC numbers, whatever, and is "an excuse from reps who are not doing their jobs."

There you have it folks. Glad I'm at a company now where I can get back to doing sales. Good luck out there everyone. I just checked out this thread to see if anything changed. See ya!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. From a current DM. Have terminated reps for poor performance. If you have a field day with your DM, please do 4 pharmacy calls and at least 10 office calls. Learn how to got around the stocking obstacles. Call the home office or have your DM call the home office.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should apply that rule to upper management

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha nothing has changed here. still re-hiring reps and re-hiring dms. they finally figure it out and leave and hire new suckers who are desparate

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fire the English NSM who is extremely incompetent! He cannot even manage his DM's. He is primarily a "yes, Sir" boot licker to the Indian guy who just does'nt want to go home.
    Problems would be solved if these two imbeciles would be sent packing or held to to the same standards they hold the reps to!!! In fact, if just Andy were sent to work at Walmart as a door greeter and they hired an upper manager that had worked American pharmaceuticals, then Ranbaxy might be able to make a go of it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$20 this is Ashish:

"These are excuses from reps who are not doing their jobs. You take the same excuses from the doc and pharmacist. Use your sell sheet with the NDC # and tell the pharmacist to order the product. Pharmacist does not want to carry a low demand product. If he said he cannot order it, then ask him for the wholesaler and the regional site. HO can get the product to the site over night. You have to drive demand to pull the supply. Otherwise, we will continue to have this problem and we will have new reps in three months."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$ bajillion its Andy! it so sounds like him! Down to that annoying mumble! please do us a favor; GO BACK TO ENGLAND.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, Andy still around??? OMG. The indies haven't figured him out yet?? Hire and rehire and rehire and rehire. dms then reps. rehire rehire. how about sending A back to england and get someone in their who can figure it out??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. it's twin brother Hashish.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are two of them? Is this the one always in a suit or sweater? Both are micro manager.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow that does sound like Ashish!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are Ashish and Hashish?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry Ashish. The sales team know the identities of these posters. Our DMs will be providing the list of names to you soon.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is the first line of response from Ranbaxy always a threat? The reps are the ones that keep all of you in a job. No one wants to fail, but if management refuses to listen to legitimate problems, what do you expect?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok let's get serious here. I am interviewing and am wondering what it really is like to work for Ranbaxy? I have heard good things from the local reps here and from the hiring mgr. The salary seems not too bad, what are the bennies like? Health, dental, vision? Cost for a single person? What kind of car? What can you expense? internet? cell phone? Do they give you a cell phone, computer? What else? I got very vague answers when I asked about the package in the interview which makes me suspicious. Thanks for any honest input.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask how long those reps and mgr have been with the company. I'd wager 6-12 months. When people figure it out, they leave.

Health: $120/pay period, single
    Phone: $50/month reimbursed, buy your own phone
    Internet: ZERO
    Car: $140/month YOU PAY THEM for the car. Malibu or Escape.
    Computer: Ipad (and yes, the managers do track you)
    Bonuses: They promise big but they make it almost impossible to get with their outages and bad launches.

Vague answers are commonplace at Ranbaxy.