What is it like to work here?

Discussion in 'Lincare' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Lincare for a year and a half back in 2004. Worst job ever. When I think about all the jobs I've had since I was 14 years old, Lincare was by far the worst.
    If you are REALLY desperate for a job...fine...I understand you have to pay your bills. But if you have other opportunities, don't work for Lincare.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been working for lincare as an enteral sales rep (registered dietitian). Compared to other RD jobs, the pay is amazing if you perform within your goals. It is a lot of work at times. It is an excellent way to build your rapport within the healthcare community. You will quickly know most every dietitian and physician in the area.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the base pay really in the 20s? I just can't believe that!?! It sounds like a ton of work just to get to 30-40k. Why not just do car sales or something? Please tell me there's a way to make 75 to 100k!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reall?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't compare enteral sales to any other sales job at Lincare. it is very uniquely different. Enteral sales at Lincare is a nice gig because it has been so undermarketed by Lincare for so many years that a good performer can easily grow.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In response to the 8/10/2011 complaint

I am writing you because I didn’t know what to do with my job situation, therefore I was forced to seek another job.

I worked for Lincare in Bellingham, Washington. I have worked for them since March 11, 2010 as a full time customer service representative. At the time of my hire we had 2 customer service reps on staff. About 3-4 mths after my hire the other service rep was let go. The search for a new person to fill that position began. We went thru a few people and finally hired a person December of 2010. After about 3-4 this employee began to spend her time during working hours on her cell phone accepting calls and texting friends. In addition she began using vulgar language (specifically the F_ _ _ word) in the work environment continuously. This in addition to non professional interaction with another employee. I took this information to my manager, then to the area manager and ultimately to the compliance department because I wasn’t getting any help.

After about 9-10 months of continually asking for someone to address this issue the employee was talked to and ultimately she left.

At this point (July 2012) the company did not hire anyone for her position and I was to absorb that full time positions work. In addition the center manager began taking large amounts of time(started December 2012) off either for vacation or for medical issues, which required myself as well as the sales representative to pick up her duties for an extended length of time.

During this time we acquired a new Area Manager (November 2011) . Under his direction I am required at his discretion to work additional hours above and beyond the normal forty hour week (being paid overtime for it).

Before this area manager was hired I was experience extreme stress, anxiety, depression and a number of other issues. Because of this my doctor submitted a doctor’s note stating I was under her care. (I continued seeing her ongoing this entire time, as well as going the counseling, as well as call the employee assistance program).

At the time I received my yearly evaluation ( which was 11 months late) I asked my center manager to prioritize what she would like me to do on a daily basis as I was at a point where I could get everything done on a daily basis working 9-10 hours a day. She never provided this information even asking several times.

I would ask her for help on going and she would make herself unavailable. This went on for several months, in which time I would ask my area manager for help since a majority of the time I was alone in the office unable to leave for breaks and at time unable to get my lunches.

We I would try and talk with my center manager about issues of concern that were affecting our center, her response would be “you have betrayed me” or “that hurts my feelings” and she would sulk and or go home and cry, leaving me alone in the office for even longer periods of time.

The entire staff has tried talking with our area manager about our situation but he continues to insist this is the way our company is going to run its business.

A couple of months ago after talking with my doctor she wrote another note to keep me at 40 hours and if I was working more than that to accommodate with enabling to take breaks and have time to recoup.

The Human Resource dept, the managers and myself went round and round over this as the company stand is they can work us as much and whenever they want, and that they cannot accommodate this doctor’s note of 40 hours or any of the doctor’s notes I have submitted.

My center manager knows my health issues in addition to the stress related ones, I had a brain tumor a few years ago. Once I recovered from the surgery I was left we severe migraine in addition to having fibromyalgia, 55% less sight, 60% less hearing, etc. Since I started working at Lincare I am experiencing extreme allergic reactions from what appears to be the mold and mildew left over from a flood the center had. They didn’t replace the carpet nor the walls and we have had ongoing difficulty with the company wanting to clean the vents. As a result several of us are affected by the allergens in the office.

I have areas of concern that I don’t know if there is anything I can do or is this company allowed to continue doing what they are:

The issue of hours. Are they allowed to ignore a doctor’s note or ignore an FMLA and work you as much as they want?

The issue of having clean the vents and making sure mold and mildew is eliminated.

I have been and continue to be a quality employee. I continue to work the hours needed but health wise it is taking a huge toll. In the years I have worked for them rarely do I work only 40 hours a week. Do the laws support this international employer or do the employee’s have any right?

As of Saturday May 18th Lincare posted my job on Craigslist to be filled without any notification to me. Only after several other employees saw the posting an questioned the area manager about it did I get an email.

I filed an L & I claim, do to the overexertion and the tearing of my menisus. The claim was denied even though I was left alone to take care of all patients and provide some with (M60) oxygen tanks weighting over 50lbs each, which I had to lift up out of their designated area and carried sideways (as the warehouse was always so crowded that I couldn’t walk straight) to the front office or through the warehouse to the patient’s vehicles.

There are other’s of us in the Pacific Northwest under the management of this person and employee’s are either leaving or being fired by this manager.

Is there anything anyone can do?

Respectfully,
    Michelle Huff

Below is the email I sent the Corporate office for help:

My name is Michelle Huff, I work at Lincare, a division of The Linde Group in Bellingham, WA. We are an office of 7 employees. I have just passed my 3rd year with Lincare and until recently completely trusted Lincare would take care of their employees. About 1 and a half years ago, when we had 2 customer service reps I went to my center manager as well as district manager and share my concerns regarding the other csr not only texting on her telephone all day but also using foul language such as the F_ _ _ word all day long. This went unaddressed for a very long time.

Last July the employee left and wasn't replaced. From that moment on I have been the only csr. From the moment I started my job to current I have given Lincare over 150%. I have consistently worked 9-10 a day, five days a week and when asked on the weekend also. The district manager we acquired last year does not treat his employees with respect and recently when asked does not trust us. He is very condescending and bulls his employees. Several employees in his region have quit because of it and there are a few who are on leave's of absence because of his demand to work ongoing overtime, causing health issues for these employees. I became one of those employees a few weeks ago.

My doctor restricted me to 40 hours a week maximum. Upon sending this restriction into the Lincare corporate office I received a call from Linda Feller who informed me Lincare could not accomodate me only working 40 hours a week, and that Lincare never hires a full time employee to work only 40 hrs a week. Basically there wouldn't be a job for me if I could only work 40 hours a week. I was never informed of that when I was hired and I don't believe it is honest business to pull that out of a policy book after the fact.

I am a very hard worker, it is how I was raised, in addition to being raised with honest, integrity and ethics. I want to share this with you because I really want to believe at the top of our company is someone who really cares about the employees as much as we care about our patients. I am grieving the lack of integrity presented for the district manager in our area, the human resources department that stated "I am here for you" but the actions proves otherwise. I am wanting to maintain my job to the fullest of my ability, but you can't over work your employees endlessly without accidents or illnesses, that is just common sense. I am asking for a response that will address the issues I have communicated. What I am personally asking is for someone at the top to hear my concerns and talk to me about what can be done when it appears no one cares.

Thank you for taking the time to read what I needed to share.

Respectfully, Michelle Huff

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My question to you, Michelle, is Have you filed a complaint with the EEOC? and if not why? If everything you say is true, you are in the perfect position to join in with the lawsuit mentioned in the August 2011 post. The story is the same all over with Lincare it seems. Short staffed, work, work, work, not good enough, more work, management sucks. Good Luck to you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

District manager, Ryan Archibald?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a current sales rep. I can say now is the worst time to join lincare (in its entire existance as a company). There are a lot of bugs to be worked out with the new chart note process. None of which will be fixed anytime soon.

Simple fact is as a new rep you can expect to make your base pay and that's about it. Regardless of how many orders you bring in. If you're lucky enough to work for a center that is well staffed you may make money. But the more likely scenario is a skeleton crew center that ensures management continues to bonus off bogus performance metrics. What happens from here is that CMNs do not get printed. New orders do not get put in the computer. Charts only get put away when a big wig comes to town. And temp help gets called in for a smoke and mirrors show for the higher ups. Thats the reality of what you're going to deal with.

After 7 years and a lot of success with this company I can say I'm a foot out the door.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must say it is refreshing to see an honest post as opposed to all the BS about salaries + commissions well over 150K (LOL).

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

injuriesve made over 60 k most of my 7 years. Not awesome but I have seen better. I do know several reps that make six figures (or close). They also have very well staffed, well trained, and experienced support staff. Thats highly irregular.

What you will find is a regional or area manager that keeps staff super thin as a way of keeping their centers net profit our of the negative. From what I've seen is that area managers tend to balk at growth. They recognize it but instead of adapting to it they use it as a bonus piggy bank. Then the center stumbles on its face and then the cycle repeats.

This involves a great deal of deceipt between the area and regional. Its a lie fest between two people trying to protect bonus money.

If area and regionals would stop being such A holes and realize when you grow you need to add help. Adding help keeps held sales low (increases profit), keeps morale high, prevents injuries, and gets your sales staff paid!

To my point. The lack of staff is why this chart note process is going to ruin certain regions of this company. Its a matter of time before clearwater figures out their new rep training fees are costing them a fortune.

My region alone has lost over 10 sales reps in half a year. All due to not being paid.

Real simple way to decide on taking a job here. Ask how high the centers held sales are. If its over 50% think hard. If its over 80%....run. You will never make money.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

winn3r for best post in thread. I worked at Lincare for many years and this post above is about 99.9% accurate.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not only do the Regional Managers and Area Managers "Protect" the bonus money, they keep it...The people that actually earn it for them hardly ever see a dime of it, those are the ones at the center level. They get told "Oh we didn't make a bonus this time" Who's to know? The Regional Managers, Area Managers and probably some of the Center Managers line their pockets while the rest of the staff work their butts off...It's terrible, but it does happen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a PPS employee it is also refreshing to see this kind of post. I wish Lincare and Apria all he best of luck - our industry kind of sucks right now and it looks like our companies are collectively suffering.

Tip my hat to you and hope for your success. The patients are who matter most, after all.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so accurate!

I know for a fact we had 10+ grand in pending bonus at our center. A long time manager tought my manager how to look it up. I'm in sales so I know I would have never received a dime. But it makes it bitter sweet pull in a ton of revenue to see some greedy ass not give a damn about the job my support staff is doing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting fact: if you are a Focus Center, you bonus is based on net 02 growth, if you are a traditional center it is based on EBITDA growth. The Area Manager decides the staff % breakout for bonuses but they may sometimes delegate that to the Center Manager. If the CM is a real scumbag, they line their own pockets and give the center staff a check that isn't even good for a fill up at the gas station!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's another "Interesting Fact" The CM keeping most or all of the bonus checks that a center earns, goes on more often in this company than one would care to know. More times than not, the AM is privy to this and condones this bad behavior. What a shame that the people that work the hardest get recognized the least for it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good posts here. I am not getting paid for hardly any Medicare 02 referells. It is a joke. Our center is normally between 40-50 02s and nothing. Yet Lincare is billing. I can't stay. Nothing is going to change only get worse. Dont even feel like a sales rep anymore just a paperwork/chart note/cmn jockey.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so how did the law suit go? I'm in!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14 of my co-workers left the company (mid-atlantic area) within a year's time. That's 100% turnover at one office and about 80% at the other. I hope the law suit comes soon. I'm sitting on my ass looking for a job 'cause of them. In my case they either would not or could not track the number of tanks that was flowing thru the center. I often had to tell my sick and already frustrated patients to wait for a few days (that really crapped up my schedule and then the CM wrote me up for a crapped up sched). THEY SUCK! PS: they need to have medically classed CSR/SRs ...that visit the patients. My co-driver/service rep was from the truck repair industry.