What is Novo’s definition of “demotion”

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Dec 10, 2017 at 4:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Policy states we can take a voluntary severance if we were demoted. The policy states a demotion can be by 1.Title 2.grads 3.salary. I was “demoted” from a H rep to a DCS. Specialty to primary care. As were about 40+ people just in my region alone. My title changed, my grade remained and my salary changed (40k bonus potential to 31k). HR says I was NOT demoted and if I was placed I cannot take severance. But they cannot explain to me why they don’t consider this a demotion. I’m assuming they don’t consider bonus compensation as salary. I interviewed for the H position 8 years ago. I have my letter from Novo talking about my “promotion” to specialty. This whole thing is ridiculous. I am now at the top level of DCS titles with no where to move for promotion. HR needs to be addressing this. Ask HR is clueless and our region HR rep is too busy to even respond to emails. Do the right thing Novo and please stop messing with peoples livelihood.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like a no brainer!... you met 2 of 3. I’m sure a new policy will come out that changes the rules whereby no accommodations can be made. Sure that HR and senior “ leadership” once again are saying that if you don’t like it then leave. Such a shame. Don’t they realize that people’s passion mean they care and want to remain?! Indifference and apathy are growing at an alarming rate...both huge drivers for sales growth. ( sarcasm intended).

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"if you don't like it, leave" is a prime sign of a culture in decline.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, they want you to leave.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The OP is making a lot of fuss over this change in their job role, and I might even know who this person is. Listen, the H role in many cases simply didn't make sense, or produce a tangible ROI for the high salary. In our area, hospital systems are absolutely off-limits for reps of any kind, and our H rep did little more than drop off information at the front desks of the offices in the medical office buildings. They admitted as much every time we met, and rarely saw an HCP in person. I really believe that NNI did the right thing by rolling them into a new position, or a vacant spot in some pods.
    If you don't like it, I'm sure there are many companies out there who are going to be impressed with the 'promotion' on your CV and you can dress up what you really do in the field to them. :)

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did your base salary stay the same? If you were demoted then it would have been less. Suck it up Buttercup and be thankful you have a job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Omg yes! They were at the gym by 2 every day!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PLUS... you have just successfully placed a HUGE target on your back as someone who is discontented and distracted. I fear that you may have awakened unwanted scrutiny - you know, the law of unintended consequences!