What is the future for the respiratory division

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well no layoffs have been announced which is a positive however part of respiratory lost bevespi and took on a diabetes product. Not sure if that raises a huge red flag about our future however I can say that this has got to be the most disorganized bunch of leaders I have ever seen in my career. I am not sure they know what they are doing. In the meantime I will continue to work on all the activity reports they send to make everyone seem like they are busy. Happy holidays friends!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Symb for rectal use?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are scrambling to justify their jobs. If they admit the truth that we could get by with 50% cuts in the field force then they would be admitting that their own jobs are worthless too.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep this in mind: Last year, AZ gave the Neuroscience division Farxiga. A month or two later, the entire division was eliminated. Every single one lost his/her job with many who were long-time employees. It is quite possible that this is the same plan in place for the Respiratory division.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, wow. I did not know. I have been with the company 4 months and can see it’s a disaster. It is actually shocking to me the amount of limited work there is to do. Primary care has limited access and yet we have a gazillion reps covering territories that could be covered by two at most. I am no psychic but it would appear the company will downsize this division soon . Especially since there was o much emphasis on bevespi and apparently it shit the bed and did not produce as the company had expected. Yikes! Future seems bleak in this division.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is total BS, Neuro folks took other internal positions, and we aren't going nowhere. Let's be thankful we got another decade here at least.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is so funny I almost wet myself. Funny Dude..

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah. Internal positions on the unemployment line. You are delusional and ill informed.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. PC has had diabetes drugs before. Think this is the 3rd or 4th time. As for the number of reps here, it has been like this since the first expansion in 1999/2000. What you have is inept management that don’t think things through. Joke like.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Diabetes also has a ton of reps. Why cant they sell their own drugs? Why do they need respiratory to come in and help? I know those reps are really good on the DM and Resp side, is it a leadership issue? Or are they just throwing everything at the wall to justify themselves?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Diabetes also has a ton of reps. Why cant they sell their own drugs? Why do they need respiratory to come in and help? I know those reps are really good on the DM and Resp side, is it a leadership issue? Or are they just throwing everything at the wall to justify themselves?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These are place holders to save headcount in order to save their own jobs. Without us, they don't need them. It is simple really.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look, at some point the organization will have to come to terms with the # of reps vs. impact. The company uses the rationale that Farxiga will be co-promoted by the pcp/resp team so the diabetes folks can focus on the new formulation of Bydureon. Are you serious?

What that says is they have no faith that diabetes can promote two products effectively. This will be the beginning of the end. With Bevespi crapping the bed and GSK's triple therapy coming by Q2 in 2018, they will be forced to re-evaluate the whole pcp (including diabetes) sales structure. It will only be expedited if the new Bydureon falls flat. We were fortunate that 2017 was relatively painless. My gut tells me we wont be so lucky in 2018.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct! AZ does not have confidence in their Diabetes Sales Force’s ability to promote their two diabetes drugs concurrently. Have you already forgotten the split between Oral and Injectable; between Alpha and Beta teams?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big changes to alignment coming in July 2018.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

maybe. But that all depends on how well the products in the pipeline are doing. AZ has never been a trailblazing pharmaceutical company -ever. those that are forecasting the revenue of our products can never seem to get it right. So AZ is consistently making adjustments on a Q to Q basis. that's why we are consistently seeing knee-jerk reaction's to territory realignment, product being pulled, call plan changes and eventual downsizing. For example, AZ is not really an expert in diabetes like, say Novo. Although we have diabetes products, we just can't seem to understand the market as well as these other companies. We just don't become an expert in diabetes overnight by buying diabetes products. It takes time to learn this, then integrate the people into the culture. But what we have here are leaders who are out to ensure their own agenda and overreact when things don't go the way as they planned.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ has contracted with Publicist for January 2018. Anyone know which products or division this is for?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

*Publicis

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the future of respiratory will remain unchanged for years to come . Enjoy your partial retirement because everyone is covering for everyone else to justify their jobs, the truth is all primary care should be cut in half at the very least however that will never happen so continue to enjoy your nice fat paycheck for doing very little . Best gig going !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One simple milepost - generic Advair in March 2018. The ICS/LABA world implodes, and 700 AZ resp reps along with it. You heard it hear, Wilm insider