what is the Gallup?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2004 at 6:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive heard that you need to pass this test before they will hire you. What kind of test is it? How do you fail it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a pain in the ass phone interview done by the Gallup Corp. Think about any personality/motives/ethics tests you've taken and imagine that in the form of a phone interview. I wasn't sure how to approach the interview because all she did was ask questions. No feedback, no follow-up questions, no indication that you answered correctly etc. So it was tough and I bombed it. Now just for shits and giggles, one of the worst reps for the company I was working for at the time who got fired because he just was not a skilled rep, passed the test and got hired. I was extremely successful with the same company and did not move forward in the process as a result of the Gallup results. 1 year later he got fired for not hitting his goals and 1 year later I got hired with one of the top device companies. Go figure.

The only advice I can dispell from my experience is make sure you have lots of specific stories for situational questions and treat the person as though they are the hiring manager and close them as such.

Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the Gallop Poll, also during my interview process....bombed BIG time. Funny thing is, is that I have been in the top 10% of every company I have ever worked for and have developed relationships with my key physicians in all areas. The Gallop stinks and Stryker has a rep for firing you when you don't make your numbers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Friend of mine has an "in" to Stryker. Meet with the Mgr. Couple of times they hit it off real good. He didn't pass the Gallup poll, and he never got hired. He's a great salesman too. Stryker is missing out. Gallup Poll don't mean shit! For those who are looking Stryker. means 2 yrs and not at 100% WELL... 2 Strykes and your out...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive taken two different gallup test for Styker and scored well on both.. its not that difficult...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am taking the osteonics test tomorrow, any insight?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just answer "B" when you don't know the answer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think is is so hilarious when people say things like "they fire you if you don't make your numbers". What the hell do you expect!! You are hired to make the company goals and if you don't then you aren't doing your job. If you were a stock boy for Kroger and you didn't consistently get your nightly quota of stocking done, then you would be fired too!! Booo Freaking HOOOOO!! Stryker is a great company because they expect a lot from their people and those who don't cut it go else where. If you want a job where you don't get in trouble for not making quotas be a pharma rep, they love that.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone help? I'm taking the test for osteonics next week! Thanks.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i took it today!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just a test that weeds out all the pharma shit

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What area are you hiring for? Location? I took the test today and may be able to offer some insight.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking at job in NY area. Can you fill me in on what types of questions they asked and how you feel you did on the test?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont know. I hear it is a bunch of situational type quesitons, tell me about a time when type stuff. I faced a lot of that on the initial interview with HR. HR says Gallup is the same but about 60 more questions. CHRIST help me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is this gallup thing for real? i spoke to my recruiter today and knows nothing about it. in fact,i have a face to face intereview next week. northeast territory for spine. so what's the real story.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its real, I took it two days ago. Heres the formula. Google situational interview questions and you get a bunch of sites that use cookie cutter questions that most top MD companies use for interviews. Next prepare specific experiences that can relate to those questions. This way you can easily recall a similiar scenario. Sounds like pain? It is however, you can re-use them over and aover again for all you interviews.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

post the fax number to a kinkos near you, anon name, and I will fax it over. I had a recruiter fax it to me last year. It helps to have the questions. I have 8 pages of them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any endo reps for the N/E?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i recently took the gallup. have no idea how i did. it was just a series of random like questions and i had to rate them on a scale, agree/disagree, yes/no. and some i had to elaborate. could not get a clue as to what they wanted. i think they were leaning towards teamwork. thought they would ask alot of situational questions, but none at all. did not ask any questions related to my resume or sales ability. some questions were plain esoteric. ie, who would i greet at the O.R. first. why do people like me? did i do something out of the ordinary for my team mates? what's my favorite activity? Do i listen or close? what do i do to make peace? how can i tell if someone's dishonest? Do people think you're the best? How much do u compete?
    give me a break. if i pass then what. i'm suppose to possess some hidden talent? screw gallup, but i gotta play the system. That's all it comes down to in the end..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

will you really fax the questions to me??