What is the most common compensation program for lab sales now?

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, Oct 29, 2020 at 11:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was curious what the most common compensation program is these days among labs that are trying to be compliant?
    I think a lot of labs that care about being legal are going to W-2 sales reps but how are most labs paying other than a salary? It isn't fair to only pay on growth when the lab in making a good profit assuming that the business you brought is profitable. Those accounts need to be serviced and most labs other than LabCorp and Quest don't have dedicated reps just to service existing business. Most have reps whose job it is to grow and take care of the current business.
    What's the best plan that is legal you are hearing about?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EKRA is so poorly designed that nothing that has worked for any sales organization for the past hundred years is now "legal".

Some have proposed paying a flat salary based on the Rep's typical past production, but the minute that goes into effect, the Rep goes on permanent holiday and milks a big base salary from the beach or their kids ballet studio or baseball diamond.

Some propose paying Reps for prospecting; calls, lunches, meetings, etc... But the best Reps (the ones you want) get the most bang for their buck and close tons of business from minimal prospecting efforts. So you're rewarding the hack reps who aren't good qualifiers or closers.

Or you pay everyone the same salary for the role, which incentivizes mediocrity. Might explain a lot, since it was written by politicians...

EKRA was created to put corrupt companies out of business but written to put every company out of business.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said.

And that’s thanks to filthy Toxicology reps more crooked than the mob. They ruined it with their kickbacks. Now all reps are beat up thanks to a dumb politician from Florida

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy.

% based on gross collections. Pretty straight forward.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize that would be totally illegal don't you?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Translation: "I have not been paying attention"

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this allowed? I received this a month ago and seems like many others as well. I will reveal the sender soon. Unbelievable!!!!! I hope they like orange outfits...

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick note about a new company I am affiliated with.

Folks you want to look into this. The Commission Structure is the Bomb! No Ceiling! Starting at 35% after COGS! And up from there!

NO MORE WAITING 6-10 WEEKS FOR YOUR $$$$. GET PAID 30% ON YOUR WEEKLY SALES ARRIVING AT THE LAB EVERY (the following) FRIDAY

You want a higher percentage then you do the work and you will get it!

We are working with developers that have NEW POC Technology.

We need new reps and especially Experienced Reps! We start at 35% after COGS!

Hope to hear from you!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most lab still pay commission base. They wants the Feds to come in to enforce EKRA. The portion outlawing commissions is unconstitutional! Pay in healthcare is not regulated. They went outside their authority. STARK and AKA already exempt CMS commissions for W2 reps. The laws are in conflict with each other!

Has anyone heard of a lab being prosecuted for EKRA alone? NO. The Feds use it as a tradeoff when labs violate other statutes. DOJ knows they won't get a conviction on EKRA alone. The lab industry are fools!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YUP!!! I got the same email and pissed my pants laughing so hard. I can believe how stupid these young guys are. It is already in the hands of the OIG so its just a matter of time before they will be heading to jail..

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS on this post! It said in add this was for POC testing. EKRA only covers commissions paid that are billed to insurances, which the constitutionality of is questionable. Keep dreaming and acting like a big shot. Your FOS!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey idiot..POC is another part of their business. POC does NOT go to a lab. I personally know that the offer is related to lab services BILLED to insurance. Keep in mind this was sent wide spread to many people and then forwarded to others to show what idiots there are for offering something like this. It is already in the hands of the law so they will soon be visited.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello my friends I am now the new VP of Sales at Keele Medical. If you want the best comp plan call me. Money NEVER sleeps or takes a break. Ed K.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ones where the lab screws you anyways because the industry is full of dirt bag owners.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I can't argue with you on that one but not every lab screws over their reps. It's just that a lot of them do that and I have been on the receiving end of it many times.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are LabCorp and Quest still paying their reps a salary plus a bonus based on sales numbers just like before EKRA?