What is the real layoff number?

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Number of people let go in Waraw varies wildly from various sources. I have seen 250, "closer to 350", and " only 100 or so with more to come". I used to work inside in the "good 'ole days" and still have friends there, but many aren't answering their phones or email. What is the real layoff number, and who is gone? What areas were hit hardest?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess folks don't want to talk about it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you ask your friends that are still on the inside?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I stated above, no one is answering their direct lines or replying to email. I suspect that they are no longer employed by Zimmer. With some time consuming detective work, I can probably find home phones or cell numbers. Howver, I thought this forum would be an easier route.

A fellow who retired a couple of years ago told me that the numbers were inflated. Only 100 or so were let go, but more are to follow. He only knew a few names. Admitted that he was not well informed.

Warsaw newspaper, Times-Union, listed 250 based upon thier interpretation of a news release.

Others in this forum who work at Zimmer, reported closer to 350 soon after the initial layoff. This higher number may include "temps" and consultants.

Who is correct?