What is the vacation policy here?

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ur kidding, right?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not kidding.

May have to negotiate for more vacation weeks and want to know what is offered up front according to policy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, Shionogi does not negotiate with terrorists who try to hold them up for more vaca pay. They'll just tell you to run along and they'll find some unemployed schmo who will do just as good a job without having to "negotiate".

hahahahhahhhahahha

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Negotiate for more vacation? Seriously? I think you are delusional. It takes tenure to increase your vacation time here. I hope you know how ridiculous you sound to all of us!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you not have a manager or acces to the portal or handbook? Why do people post stupid questions like this on here? Vacation policy? There is no policy. You get some hours for every 2 weeks genius.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you start off with 30 days

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, I had already checked the company website before I posted my question. However, the policy statement given is unclear.

It says "Paid Time off" starts at 20 days (w/ New hires pro-rated), well paid time off can include sick days, personal days and holidays, as well, not just vacation time.

So, is it 4 vacation weeks plus personal time, paid holidays, etc. or 4 wks total w/ a mix of everything.

Thanks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

P.S.

And No, I do not have access to the portal or a manager to ask my question of,
    as I am a potential new hire who is anticipating an offer and want to be in a strong negotiating position beforehand.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no negotiting vacation time here....why don't you try to negotiate a nicer company car while you are at it. Let us know how that works out for you. Do us all a favor and look elsewhere. There are plenty of unemployed people out there who would take what they are offering you....and they are probably not quite the jackass that you make yourself out to be on here!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is 20 days and includes vacation, sick, personal time, ect. You can't negotiate anything here, base is only 42k and non negotiable. I got laid off last August and was the best thing ever...I didn't dare negotiate to try and stay. Good luck on a sinking ship.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Japenese do NOT, repeat, DO NOT, negotiate. Period. Who do you think you are? the Phrench Phuck?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the Sunday poster from 9:26 pm.

Thank you for giving me a straight, open and honest answer. I can see you have class and
    intelligence. If they laid off someone like you, that says a lot about this company.

And of course, they've kept the rude, insulting individuals who think they are so clever
    with their snippy remarks back to me. How typical for a corporation these days.

How sad.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even sadder is the fact you want to be one of us.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I may become a co-worker, but I'll never be so class-less that I would ever be considered
    "one of you".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it sad. The whole company is like this. Everyone hates their jobs so much, they have to knock anyone every chance they get. Cafe pharma is their only outlet. Believe me you do not want to work for a company like this. This forum is representative of the entire company, not just the few who post. If you have any self respect, you won't take the job. Everything they are promising you will probably change. Most of us signed a contract when we were hired, saying that we would get incremental pay increases over a course of time. 3 separate payouts at 6, 12, and 18 months, compensating for our low hire-on salary. well, even though we signed a "contract", the company did not go through with the final payout. Instead we got less than a third of it. I was not the only one, I have spoke with several people, all whom are in the top-third of the company. So before all the employees start talking shit, just thought i'd mention that.

It really isn't a good company. The managers are incompetent, and useless. They provide no benefit whatsoever. Corporate is just a bunch of shmucks, and the bonuses are pathetic. regardless of your % to goal.

RUN!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is pretty accurate. I never received my 3rd or 18month 6k increase in salary either. But what was I gonna do, quit? they knew we would do nothing.

If you get hired on, don't plan on staying long. Either the company will fail or you better keep looking for the next opportunity for yourself. DO NOT LOOK AT THIS COMPANY AS A CAREER!!!!!