What is the word on the 10 new hires?

Discussion in 'Adolor' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news is better than no news...thanks ahead of time!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they're being hired... what'd you have in mind?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away from this company and drug. Seriously. Having sold in the pain market, you ARE NOT going to get an opiod-antagonist to be added on to an opiod post surgery. The cost is going to be astranomical. Have you ever heard of an anti-ametic? They will not use this product. I have worked with general anesthesia and general surgeons for years. I interviewed with some guy from FLA, who wasn't even going to be my manager nor director. I was not interested, told him so. When he asked why, I said because this product is going to be a failure. What seasoned hospital rep wants to sell a pill? Injections people. Injections, or you are taking a step backwards. Just fyi....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anti-emetics only avoid the nausea and vomiting...they don't improve GI motility.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! Post #3 was written by a real rocket scientist huh? Can't spell and does not understand the difference between this drug and an antiemetic like Zofran...not to mention the presurgical benefit of taking a pill over a shot and the cost savings associated with that... Just another example of why doctors don't want to talk with reps much these days!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

deb in florida is a freaking joke

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Elvira?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

monica lewinsky...is she still there

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! tough injection guy! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people are just arrogant idiots. Im not sure why u need to thump your chest and feel more important based on selling injection over oral. Are you giving the injection? Are u carrying needles around in your bag? No your not who cares.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too sure

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those are GREAT points about I.V., injection, vs. PO. I've never looked at it that way but always irritated when a job posting says something along the lines of "looking for I.V./Injection experience." Goes to show how stupid the parameters have become w/some organizations and or recruiters.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what is with this deb bitch in south florida? who is she sleeping with now? I hear she really gets around (yes I mean ELVIRA) she already has her halloween costume on!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happened to guy in cleveland oh ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he went to GSK.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

went 2 cumberland

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The point about I.V. and injectables vs. orals is that there is enough acuity with IV or injectables that you can't wait for the absorption of a P.O. through the gut.

The point being IV/injectables are very often a critical medicine given to an acute patient..which means you have to win the battle with P&T and the clinical pharmacist in the unit watching you and waiting to counterdetail as soon as you leave, and you are selling a drug that can make or break your outcome in anywhere from minutes to days.

With outpatient chronic care orals, managed care picks up the tab so no skin off the docs ass if the patient can afford the copay, there is no real urgency, rarely competition, and if yours doesn't work on that patient they just try the other.