What is work/life balance and the company culture like?

Discussion in 'Exact Sciences' started by anonymous, Aug 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask the 40 or so reps who left in the last few weeks. Contact the many more that will leave at the end of this month.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will work very hard at this company. There is some flexibility- but you will put in a full week and then some.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love speaking with my Area Manager everyday and discussing every call. It shows that they love me like their own child. I love my job. Yay!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Toxic and hostile work environment. You would think HR would look into why people are fleeing in droves. It's obvious they only care about stockholders.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't believe the trolls on here. They are going to hate anywhere they work.

It depends on who your manager is.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right Zak. Such a great guy to work for. How did you get promoted again?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company culture is great. If you can truly sell you will love it. The negative people are the ones that want to work 11-2. That does not cut it here. Very rewarding product to sell. I am fortunate to have a great manager, however, you are still held accountable for your sales, which clearly some low producers have a problem with that.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Diane. Can you explain why 50+ left in the last few weeks and why many more plan to quit after they receive their upcoming bonus?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they couldn't care less about their reps treat them like children constant micromanaging reports, conf calls, etc. your manager can make it better but they all have some jerk above them feeding this. Product is good competition is coming but still easy to sell

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. It's like kindergarten. It's ridiculous.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People love the company so much, they leave. It's a horrible horrible place to work. If you need a paycheck and can put up with micromanaging BS taken out of a 1990's playbook, come on down.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salaries are below industry standard and micromanagement is over the top. If you've been in the industry for 8+ years, you should be making far more and working without some nut breathing down your neck.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Breathing down your neck is so correct. I think my manager is on serious meds. Has control freak tendencies

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We must have the same manager. Long term, this company won't last. That's not their goal however.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is the D.C. manager?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a great place to work. Awesome work environment. Don't know why reps bash the company in public like this.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

above post is an idiot. This company sucks beyond hope worse than your Pfizer big pharma mentality. It's not the selling that's difficult it's all the other nonsense work you have to do to justify your bosses job. If they ever sold anything they would know better but you are dealing with complete morons.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Step one: never ask cafe pharma for an answer about how it is to work at any company; you could post that question on any company board here and you'll find the people who are angry because they have the odd crappy manager, or more likely they would complain at any job they have with their entitlement like mentality.

First of all, I'm pretty sure the 40+ reps leaving story is completely fictitious. I don't know one who has left and there are many good things happening with the company right now.

I've found everything 'that counts' about this company to be good. There are some things I'm not a huge fan of, but that's what it's like at any company. So far as I've seen, upper management is responsive to requests from the sales force when we see something that needs to be changed when it comes to tools or direction.

If you're just used to big pharma promotion, it's going to be a bit of an adjustment. The product is easier to sell than most drugs, but you'll have to be effective in helping the doctor put a process in place to start using the product for the first month or two as they get used to it.

My manager wants us to run our territory like it's our own business, which in my case means I get a great deal of autonomy. That being said, I'm putting in at least 50 hours a week- but that's really my doing and not required. I just want to succeed and I love what I'm doing.

Best of luck