What is your take on this company?

Discussion in 'Horizon Pharma' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scheduled for an interview with Horizon among others but would like more info from others.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too have an interview....any word on base salary?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty low, 60 to 65 base... according to the job post I just read..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base is $65,000 with $35,000 bonus. I think the potential is good if company takes off.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What areas are your interviews?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been talking with this company for a while. Here is the deal. Most of upper management are former Abbott execs. They have a Big Pharma mentality, yet they are a small pharma company. The commission structure will be $8 PER SCRIPT. Bare in mind that Duexis is very similar to Vimovo. If you have experience in the NSAID market, you will know that combo products aren't very successful. Basically, to make a $10k bonus, you have to get 1250 scripts. That is INSANE.

I am currently jobless (former Victory Rep). A job is a job, BUT, if this is how they intend on operating, they are going to run it into the ground. Perhaps they will smarten up and change their incentive plan...if not, then they will steer talent away...and fast.

With all this said...the delayed release prednisone could be HUGE. I would like to be around for that one. But Duexis...not so much. Especially with only 2 indications.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude... I think your math is a little off. Why would you need 1250 scripts for a $10,000 bonus for a new drug? I will check on what it will take to hit product goal of 100% which give you $35,000 or $38,000 gross.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummmm. $8 x 1250=$10k. Was that really hard?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um... I know how to multiply, I was refering to numbers that you are referencing. Didn't know that they would be so transparent to that dollar amount when they are quoting $38,000 for a bonus per year.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They told me the same thing. Then told me $8 a script. I asked the manager I was speaking with if he understood how many scripts you would have to generate to get that size of a bonus. Considering Vimovo's epic failure, there isn't much hope for Duexis. Especially after all the bad publicity Ibuprofen has received recently. OA & RA are the indications, you are mostly talking about an older patient population and with Ibuprofen showing more and more signs of relative cardiovascular risk the outlook isn't REAL promising for 1250 scripts a quarter.

I know this market because I have worked in it selling Naprelan. I don't like the outlook for Duexis. But like I said, the controlled relase prednisone would be HUGE.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I could hope for then is to hold on until Lodotra is launched. The manager told me that everyone will have a huge territory, with 75 total reps in the country. What state are you interviewing for?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told 12 per script in first 6 months and 8 after 6...Past on past experience I should be able to make right around 2,400k in bonus in 6 months...With no formulary and no coupon cards and cost at 10x generic single agents...Reps are going to be mad, they are not giving company cars or computers.... Might as well work for a contract company....

It was all I could do not to laugh when the DM told me the President is looking forward to giving out bonus checks of 100k...Of course those checks will be going to the execs who plan on flipping all those shares they were given as soon as a big name company buys them for the pipeline...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is spot on what they told me. These guys will run this ship into the ground before it even sets sail.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The management is inept. The drug is a piece of shit. Their interview with me was with a personality challenged, insecure and mentally challenged stiff. Research the drug and come to your own conclusion. You will get a base pay until they shut down after a pathetic launch. 90-120 days of employment.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with getting the rx filled.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are burning cash very quickly and this is not for a seasoned rep. What a joke job!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is good info...meeting f2f in the next week!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line this is Advil & Pepsid in one pill..............800 mg of Advil will KILL your KIDNEYS

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any reps been offered jobs yet been over a week since my f2f....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet there will either be no managed care coverage or tons of Kidney failure.........