What On Earth Are They Thinking Going To Mandalay Bay??

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Jan 18, 2020 at 5:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please WHY!!! Is anyone higher up seeing this? I am totally unsettled staying at this hotel. The deadliest mass shooting in American history happened at this hotel just over 2 years ago!! It is so very disturbing to think our company chose this venue knowing this. The thought of looking out the window at the strip already has me breaking down. PLEASEEEEE CHANGEEEE VENUESSSS

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s a very simple solution, resign. Company will be better off without you.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I spoke to my manager, but don't know if he takes any info higher. You could let your RD know. I don't think at this point there is going to be a change, but we should let people know that it was not the right thing to do. It's hard for people who are not bothered to understand how deeply disturbing it is for some. It would be nice if those of us who care could get together for a little support while there. If you suffer from PTSD at all, I would get a medical note not to make the trip.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a real concern. My friend was there and he was shot. He survived, his girlfriend did not. I’m not even sure what to say....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i would put in a request not to go. I was pretty sure that someone in the company would have a direct connection. It's not ok to ask you to go.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is this venue a for sure thing? This is the first I’ve heard about it. Are the dates set in stone?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are the exact dates? I’ve received no communication on dates or venue, only to
    Hold the week. Also, why are we not booking flights? I’m thinking this might not happen at this point.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was just thinking the same thing or at least not in February....isn’t it a little late to book travel?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a totally unnecessary and outrageous place to do a meeting. Anyone affected by gun violence is going to have a visceral reaction. This meeting could be done virtually for the less than 2 days it is going to be. With a goal of 25B EURO's it is a waste of time and money. This could be rep spend. I don't have enough money to see who I need to see to meet Leitbild! PLEASE cancel this face to face meeting and make it virtual. We just had regional meetings in July after the reorg.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone I have talked to says this meeting is no longer happening. A month away and we don’t know exact dates and haven’t booked a flight??? It’s pretty obvious.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In all seriousness it is appropriate to consciously object to the venue... it would be fascinating to see what the company does if enough people do just that. It’s up to you, it’s in your control. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you spoken to managers? Is it because of pushback on the venue, or just not a necessary meeting. I hope you are right.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s really in our scope for representatives to question the “appropriateness” of the need for a meeting, But it very much is appropriate for us to object to a venue that is distressing at best

Let’s stay in our lane and express our concern appropriately.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still no invitation to register. We will all be sitting on the wings with flights filling.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I’m not going and I’m not kidding. What an insult, fukem

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious if you had told your manager.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s impossible to object to something that has not formally been proposed. But when the invite comes I will be formally be objecting for emotional trauma reasons; after all my 2nd cousins girlfriends brother was involved; you probably know of someone too or have indirect involvement in a similar (albeit less tragic overall) incident and you don’t want to risk taking on the emotional toll/pall that the suggested venue could trigger. Happily I will engage in videoconference meeting presentations but I will not be subjected to the potential emotional toll. HR will understand.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF! “2nd cousin’s girlfriend’s brother” Gimme a break. You are damn thirsty for attention!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a very simple reason the meeting is at MB: $$$ BI is an extremely frugal company. You just have to accept it for what it is. It's just ironic that Jardiance is getting into the billions and we are still going to cheapo venues, raises will be the same 1-3%, the rep spend budget is a fraction of our competitors, and goals will be jacked up like crazy so making targeted bonus will be difficult. On the bright side they give us snacks at the meeting..who remembers that fiasco?