What Percentage of New Sales Hires last 12 months?

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's put all issues (horrible base, bad insurance, VT, unsafe company car, bonus structure etc.) aside for a moment.

What percentage of new sales reps last "the 90 day trial period"? how about 6 months, a year?

I'm guessing it is less than 30% that make it through the first year for whatever reason(s).

My point being, unless you were absolutely desperate, why would anyone accept this offer know this? Obviously we were all lied to or at least misled when accepting the position. What kind of legit company can run a profitable business when turnover is so high? Knowing this ahead of time, no rational person would accept such a high risk, low reward position when they could literally wait tables or work at Starbucks and likely do better.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my training class for SSE's it is over 6 months and 70% are still around. Of course most of the posts here are from people that are angry with the company. However, they are still with the company. Why? If it is such an awful place to work, then leave.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the 1st post was right on point about MDL. Couldnt agree with you more= 110% ACCURATE...

The second post is totally FALSE (inaccurate)....the majority of sales people don't last longer than 3 months with the company, who are you kidding!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You say 70% make it past 6 months, but that doesn't mean our colleagues are happy. Unfortunately most of us have to stick around as long as it takers to find something better. Good opportunities are scarce and it can take well over six months to find a suitable match. So do thay last 6 months, probably. You also say most of the people who post here are angry with the company. Well there must be a reason why they are angry. People don't just get angry for no reason. Maybe you could explain why they are angry. Are their points valid? I would bet so. This companies blog is full of negative things, going back over a yr. if so many people are saying the same things over and over again, don't you think that just maybe there is some substance here. If you a rational person you may be able to connect the dots but your probably one of those dumb ass female managers. Or just an idiot

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

During my interview process, my SSE told me I could make $65-70K as an AM. HAHAHA - how is that possible when they don't even make that? I should have known when I asked VT about the "bonus" program during my interview w her and she said they don't provide anything in writing. What a joke. What is the process to start a class action lawsuit? Would it have to be filed in New Jersey?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have an issue with women? Mommy complex?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have a bait and switch mentality about hiring. You are lead to believe that the package is traditional but they are intentionally vague when it come to specifics. I was clearly told there was a car allowance in addition to mileage reimbursement but they denied saying that after I was hired. I would suggest you read any offer letter in detail. I was also told the "comp" plan was changing so they didn't provide any revelant details. Only most rep's make 100k plus/year.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have also heard stories of more seasoned reps hitting their numbers according to reports and when comp time comes, adjusted or real revenue (since we are so legitimate with our insurance billing *note sarcasm) is substantially lower so comp is reduced by over 50% of what their manager led them to believe they were receiving all quarter. There is no accurate system in place to calculate success as increasing sales 8% in an established territory could easily be much more significant dollar wise than increasing sales 258% in an empty territory aka out west cough cough. You have a neurotic, inexperienced, paranoid, control freak leading the sales for a moderately large sales force.

Has anyone ever heard of a national director of sales personally checking every expense report for the entire sales force??? That should tell you right there.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you meant to say only BEST reps make 100K plus/yr, and even then not much above. Most reps, especially AM's don't make anywhere near that. I mean really with a base in the 30's, there is no way they can even dream of touching 100K.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to mention that she buys her clothes exclusively at the Marshalls in Gary, Indiana

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can sales reps make 100k at this company? if so, that seems pretty good. There are not too many jobs out there paying that much.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales reps can't come close to making $100K. Base for AMs is $36K and for SSEs is $50K and they will not go a penny over. There have been quarters when less than 10% of SSEs even get bonus after revenue adjustments.

Anyone have any idea what RAMs make? Not that it would be worth the 70+ hour weeks, constant fear of losing your job and/or desire of jumping off a cliff after working w VT on a daily basis.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the top reps can make over 100k? What keeps the other reps from making that much? Is it the territory, manager, insurance or what?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EVERYBODY in my circle is making base only! What keeps you from making commission? all of the above! Plus, I feel, management is committed to NOT paying commission. By "top" rep's the meaning is the chosen few, we all know who they are, that play the game!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you should find another circle, i.e. with the top reps that are out selling and making commission. The game they play is sell sell sell.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do sell, sell, sell! But MDL doesn't pay, pay,pay! Then we are told not to question VT as to why or risk being fired! Love the manage by fear game at MDL!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is their a cap on commissions? If not are the top reps making over 100% of their quotas?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no cap and yes the top reps are over 100% of their quotas.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like if you work hard and know your product that you could be a top rep in the company. Make over your 100% quota.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, you might be able to hit your quota, if you are in the right market, and with mgmt support when you are new (forget about it in the NE, the RSM is MIA), but then they adjust for revenue, which drops your payout. If you are in an area where billing writes off a bunch of insurances, you're screwed. So if you would have earned say 12K (12K would be about 120%) based on your quota number, you might only get paid 8K (if you're lucky). if you do that for 4 qtrs added to your 50K, a rep over quota ends up making like 82K. That's absolutely rediculous for a rep hitting 120%, and again that's if you are in a market where you don't get hit with alot of writeoffs. For a new rep, don't expect to make more than 50% of what the quota payout is.