What the "F" is an ecosystem???

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Sep 21, 2019 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s f’n beautiful man. gGold.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you can literally hear the pages turning as they read from a script on the CMG calls. Do they even believe what they are saying? Let me Anchor & iterate

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former GNE sales leader here and my phone has been blowing up with people looking to get out. Good luck to all of you in the field.

Some of this BS is inevitable given how customer consolidation and centralized decision-making have grown. GNE used to have the upper hand due to superior or single source molecules.

Still a role for good salespeople in the industry, but you will have to be flexible and adapt to the new environment.

How we worked a decade ago doesn’t work as well today.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Egosystem not ecosystem. Roche got burned taking on the dead weight burnouts.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are right!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe PG&E shut off the power

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is all McKinsey-speak. Same happening at several other companies. They are making millions selling the same unproven scheme to everyone and telling each company how much it's being used across the industry.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Appears you believe nothing should change and there is enough work for everyone. LOL!!!! Get your head out of the sand. The entire healthcare (pharma, payers, PBM’s, hospital and HCP practice consolidation, et al) environment is drastically different today. Genentech’s infrastructure is living the hayday’s of 1995 when the 3 horsemen ruled the world and the arrogant employees, of which there were MANY doing not much, fluffed their peacock feathers strutting around like they owned the customer. Those were definitely fun days - part time work for big pay. Reality is this had to come to an end and the end is now near.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be in GSK before LMAO.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Said the Junior Marketer from Mckinsey managing the Genentech account. He added, "I interviewed with Genentech 25 years ago when you didn't need a 4 year degree. Finally, my opportunity to fix this organization."

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ecosystem?!! Who comes up with this crap? Are we owned my Roche or the Discovery Channel? So embarrassing.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every 2 or 3 years some snotface jackass with a degree from some overpriced business school would come up with these laughable schemes during their morning bowl movement. They peddle these doomed ideas to some insecure CEOs who want to have a signature project in their sorry resume. Billy, your operating principles did not seem to cut it. Now you have this pathetic attempt to demolish Genentech as we knew it. I hope you are sleeping well in your castle in Switzerland. Wrecking thousands of families right before the holidays takes some soulless a-hole to accomplish that. Good luck, Alexander. You have just been punked.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Roche is a horrible company. Genentech got what they deserve for letting my them in. It’s time to get out of this crap hole!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn. This is legitimately the most accurate statement I have read on this sorry site. I was just saying the same frickin’ thing today!
    Thanks Uncle Bill. You family turd...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Outstanding post. My company (another company) just went through not one but two general managers hemorrhaging cash, and they both hired McKinsey to save face. It did not change performance one iota. Their retainment was just another obscene expense on the balance sheet. In fact there is a mass exodus of both people and revenue out of every orifice of the company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Want to learn more about ecosystems? Then look to the "masterminds" - McKinsey. Here is a link to a paper they published about ecosystems in April this year. (If the link gets scrubbed, just google "McKinsey world of ecosystems"

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mckinsey/industries/financial%20services/our%20insights/winning%20in%20a%20world%20of%20ecosystems/winning-in-a-world-of-ecosystems-vf.ashx

Almost all of the examples in the paper are from banking or digital companies. The most interesting thing I got from reading it is on page 12, exhibit 7 - the six different types of ecosystem business models. Reading the description of each only ONE would apply to the approach being used by GNE - it is classified as "cutting the bottom line"
    • Asset or resource synergy model: Combine existing assets and resources to achieve operational efficiencies
    How many times have we heard that Transformation / CEoF is not a headcount exercise???!?!?

@GNE Leadership - The longer you hide behind your acronyms, "vision", patient centricity, BS the less likely any of the remaining folks will be engaged. Do the right thing FOR ONCE - be honest and transparent about what this exercise is.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When your EQ is equivalent to an 6 year-old with ADHD, you simply cannot see the company and its culture are imploding in front of you. Billy boy is enjoying himself in a sandbox where everything is just flashing bright ideas. He cannot see the impact on the employees and their families. He is not capable of understanding the relationship between morale and productivity because it is not shown in numbers. He is going to try all these snake oils from some consulting firms until some adult is brave enough to tell him that his sandbox is broken. He is one sorry soul that karma is staring at. I just hope that the people who get impacted by his deeds will find a better path. Genentech, RIP!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. Lefty Grove

Lefty Grove Guest

That is very funny. And yet, so so sad.