What the HELL is JBI?

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by anonymous, Nov 26, 2017 at 1:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in one of JNJ's device companies and I make the rounds on these boards. Can someone explain what JBI is and what these clowns do? I'm making over 250k a year and I'm on call 24/7. These guys dont go to work and never see any customers and make 200K?

Hows this scam been going on so long? What do they even sell? Hope and Dreams? How many reps cover the whole country.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most territories have up to five reps all selling the same product, although they target different specialties. But they all get paid on the territory sales.

Work is pretty easy. Most doctors won't see us so we work a couple of days a week and fake calls in our reporting system. The managers like their cushy jobs (most will generate fake field ride reports with a nod nod wink wink with the reps) so they can stay home most of the time. The reps will meet for "business meals" where they wine and dine and claim to be talking customer strategy. It's a real joke and we actually laugh about it, because we have senior management so fooled that it is hilarious.

It's a great gig so be ready to kick back if you join us. You'll make a lot of money and be able to focus on a side job, business, or just kicking it back on a boat, having a cold brew or fine wine and a nice cigar, and living the high life.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here - what does JBI stand for and what do you guys sell? This thibg sounds like its going to get shut down any day now. Is the product that good with the margins so good a group of five can split a million dollar pot?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whats the story on all the JBI Oncology jobs posted? Is this a 200k+ a year position? New Drug coming out?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The best gig possible. You go to a few patient support events, maybe volunteer, publicize it to management, kick back and enjoy your free time. We get the best libations of anyone. Drive the best cars. Life is sweet.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here again - seriously, whats your normal day like? Normal salary ranges and bonus. Whats the drug making this money for you. Ive been in my job for 10 years and JBI sounds unreal. JNJ is nuts

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some people work ten hour days, Some people work ten hour weeks. Your effort, ranking, pay and skill level have no correlation. Promotions are by the “Good old boy” and “the newsiest girl” clubs. Nasty people continue to be recognized and promoted ahead of their skilled counterparts. There are no norms in place. I would say that a short week is more common as we have tons of semi-stay at home reps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ten hour weeks are more the norm. In one region that will go unnamed, the oncology reps and the immunology reps kid each other over who has the easiest life. If you're good at sucking up to management, you can slide all the way to a cushy retirement.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not in JBI but have figured out that I can do in 3 days what most of my coworkers do in a whole week. Is there any history of GPS tracking oh phone or vehicle by the larger companies to screen for the sort of behaviour that you just mentioned?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here - good grief I'm quitting my heart job and going after one of these Oncology jobs. Maybe I can paint in my free time.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You'll have a life! Just make sure you take advantage of the "business meals" expense option. What you do is this: You have a couple of work buddies with you, but include your wife or another friend. You make sure the meal, wine (and scotch, if you're smart) stay within the per person budget allowance, and you get a nice dinner with your wife for free.
    We live good here at JBI. VERY good.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Messing with Marti" is what we like to call it. We all hate her so we don't have any guilt about ripping off the company, whether it's not working when we should be, or living large on the company dime. You reading this, Marti? It's YOUR FAULT!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm spending MY hump day shopping at the mall, then meeting one of my besties who also happens to work in my territory for a lovely business luncheon where we will discuss strategy. SHOPPING strategies, that is!

Love this job!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am disgusted as to what this place has become. Lazy fucking people taking credit for others hard work. I see it on a daily basis. In the very near future there will be no one left to actually do the work that so many are taking credit for.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of the guys from our region who claims to be a Christian is bragging about the Dow and how much money he makes. He represents the worst of our company.
    Anybody else have bad examples?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t hate Marti. Far from it. She has made some questionable choices for which the reps pay the price. She has ended countless stellar careers. But I don’t believe she has had that intention from the start. This organization can rot out anyone’s soul.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She kept a lot of crappy reps. This place is a joke in the industry.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The very fact that she spends weekends skiing with the Maine and New Hampshire reps is appalling. They get away with murder in no-see territories because they're supposedly paying for ski trips for our VP.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did she run off all of the over 50 crew? They usually are tapped out on raises, know there stuff and deliver. Replacing them with kids that fuck off every chance they get wasn’t very wise. In addition we have physicians laughing at our field sales lack of expertise. Was it her goal to be on the bottom of the industry before it is parted off? With new politics headed for the industry JBI just might be dead. Good bye hope for a pension.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lucky for the RBDs who got diagnosed with cancer or heart disease. They dodged a bulletin. Soooo lucky!