What will it be like when we go back in the field

Discussion in 'Pharma and COVID-19' started by anonymous, Apr 13, 2020 at 6:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My thoughts are for when we go back into the field most I think at the end of May beginning of June. Do you think the doctors will let us back in the office? My guess is this. My territory is in one of the larger cities. I can’t see 50% approximately before this quarantine happened. My guess is that another 25%
    Of offices will block us from coming into offices
    Another thought I had was the standard way to record a sample call if for the doctor to sign our iPad with his finger. Then we touch the iPad all day. Won’t that be dangerous or at minimum not a good practice any more. This is my concern. I would like to get opinions on this

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be 2021 before things will be 50% normal again.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think they will make us have a Covid test showing that we are negative or have the antibodies and have to prove it and enter it into RepTrac to get into to hospitals, clinics I’m not sure.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doctors, nurses, and office staff will have to test weekly if not daily for Covid. Imagine what hoop reps will have to go through.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great question! I picture many possible scenarios. One where hospitals and clinics don't want to let reps in until we all have immunity cards or vaccination status. That could be a long way off. Or we have to test every week. Not enough tests out there! My mirror rep is older and has co-morbidities. He says he would not go into hospitals and clinics until he feels safe and free of contracting a disease that could be fatal. Would the company tell us we have to get back out there or lose our jobs? Let's face it, we can do virtual lunches, mail order samples and email info. If sales don't go down while we're at home, they might figure out they don't need all of us and some or all of us might be out jobs.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well if he wants to keep his job, then his arse needs to go in offices and do the job he gets paid to do!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

doctors are now being asked to take pay cuts and forgo bonuses to save their office staff being laid off. Some docs I know instead of seeing 4-5 patients an hour are seeing 1 patient in the office, 1 patient telemedicine. 50% revenue. The hospital clinic buildings have double checkin to even access the building. All those patients they would see in the hospital for procedures are rescheduled for June. The clinics are reporting now that they have patients wait in their car and are called to come to the clinic to be seen. The amount of foot traffic is very low and purposeful. No way anyone in pharma will be going into any hospital institution for another 6 weeks once this clears up. Drive by some of your accounts and see at the hospital the makeshift access zones that screen everyone going into the building. Expect if your lucky after July 4th that some clinics allow us in. If this virus comes back in the fall we might as well start looking at working somewhere local and at least have healthcare benefits and just try and survive like many hurting right now.

rep access portals just like flu shot will be a new requirement that we are tested. We may see that unless a pre-auth meeting request approved that we aren't getting into the building. It's going to be bad and hopefully your company has patience to let this work through.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

50% no access? You must be in the pacific nw :)

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is everyone?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In SoCal entire healthcare systems are closed to reps for 2020 :(

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That makes total sense.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Virtually engaging with providers. Works well, sometimes.