What will it take to fire Mike Foley?

Discussion in 'Bayer' started by The Entire Salesforce, Jun 28, 2018 at 7:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exposed his treatment of employees. Social media is powerful!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It starts from the top. Mike Foley's behavior is okayed by the highest levels of Bayer corporate. This is where the real trickle down theory takes affects people's actions. The higher-ups lead by example and it trickles down to all levels of management, forming a company culture and mindset. Mike Foley is doing exactly what they want him to do. What will it take to fire MF? Hold the higher-ups accountable. Expose their behaviors, memos/emails, and every harassment or HR claim brought against them. We need a whistle blower to go to the media with whatever proof they can muster.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you must do is call the compliance hotline, the number to file complaints. Call 888-765-3846. You can be anonymous or disclose who you are. I asked, why wouldn't I want my name known? I was told that people fear retaliation. I told her, I beg that anyone retaliate, more amo in court. I filed complaint that foley is creating a hostile work environment. Any examples that anyone could add to the investigation would be greatly appreciated. I called Tuesday am, had a request from corporate lawyer within 12 hours for phone interview, which will be later today.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mike Foley has been reported to HR many times both in Bayer Dermatology and Bayer Neurology for creating a hostile work environment but nothing happens because Paul Badard does not care.

Mike Foley physically attacked one of the derm reps pushing the rep on the ground at a derm POA meeting and HR called many of derm reps but nothing happened.

The best way to get rid of Mike Foley is through social media and websites like this by keeping his name and his horrible leadership in the news so someone above Paul Badard will finally sees our cries for help.

The quickest way to get rid of Mike Foley is to have Betaseron sales continue to plummet quarter after quarter as Bayer will not put up with a $400 million drug in 2017 dropping to a $300 million drug in 2018.

Put your efforts into interviewing to find a new position instead of selling Betaseron.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with almost all you wrote.

Social media doesn't mean anything, other than socially and maybe exposing someone to shame. So what, you shamed him, we all deserve to be shamed for something.

So you go to your boss and say I am firing foley because you saw on Cafe Pharma that some whining babies don't like him. And you would expect your boss to react how?

There may be another way.

Save your social media skills for more useful things.

You should run with poster # four's suggestion. Let me help. If for instance, something like any of these situations ever happened: a rep is told to never pump their gas by their manager on company time only on your time, or, a rep was told by a manager that he never has to fire someone because you all end up quitting. You should call and confirm such harassment directly, so it is not hearsay and is usable evidence.

You all must call and remain anonymous if you want. You are in no way endangering your career, you are aiding an investigation of work place harassment.

Do the right thing.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any updates to share about your call with the corporate lawyer?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She told me she does not represent management or me. She is paid to do what is best for Bayer. I said good!
    Hearsay is worthless. Reports from reps in field of abusive behavior by management is what matters.
    I may be naive, but I trust her and trust my complaint will be investigated. She said she will reach out to me sometime in the future.
    This is going to take a team effort.
    That SOB, foley, must go!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At the first breakfast of the January meeting, the morning after Jim Craig spoke, I had breakfast with foley and two women, I assume reps but not sure. foley's pants were still wet from his fantasies.

foley pontificated on about hockey and sales, "if you don't produce on the ice, you sit, if you don't produce in sales, you are gone!" I took that as harassment.

I was right across from him, listening, as far from him as I could be and still at the same table. One woman was on each side of him. Those two women heard what he said. I need those two women to step up. If you women want to support the "me too" movement, here's your opportunity.

I shared that and many other things with the corporate lawyer in our over hour long conversation, that she had to stop me frequently because she couldn't type fast enough.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Next time you speak to this compliance person at Bayer use the following as an example:

Mike Foley is not compliant with Bayer policy as far as the parameters of what it takes to put a rep on a performance plan (a PIP).

Other Bayer pharmaceutical divisions look at a rep's full year sales performance, and if the rep is in the bottom 20% of the annual sales rankings then the rep is put on a performance plan. I have been with Bayer many years within different divisions so I know this has always been the policy followed by regional managers in all Bayer pharmaceutical divisions throughout the years.

Mike Foley has come up with his own performance plan parameters as he is putting reps on PIPs if the reps are in the bottom 20% of the sales rankings at the end of each quarter which is not in line with other Bayer pharmaceutical divisions.

I am sure Mike Foley will respond to this posting by saying there is no such performance plan parameter policy within Bayer, and therefore he can put a rep on a performance plan whenever he wants to, but consider the source, as Mike Foley is the same person who has "VP Of Sales" as his title for Bayer on his LinkedIn profile, so in his delusional mind, Mike Foley thinks that as VP of sales he can come up with his own performance plan parameters.

This can be a good example of Bayer policy noncompliance.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you pass this on? You can be anonymous.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are serious, and are really speaking to someone at Bayer compliance, or an employment attorney, use the following case example:

Mike Foley has always been emailing the Neurology sales force with links to articles about Betaseron accolades, and links to articles as how Betaseron patient app is superior compared to other MS drugs patient apps, asking the sales force to read these articles.

Mike Foley is coming across as suggestive, having the Neurology sales force read these articles, hoping the sales force would use the contents of these articles in the field, otherwise why email the links to these articles to the sales force to begin with?

By emailing links to articles, and asking the Neurology sales force to read the articles, Mike Foley is being non compliant, as the links to these articles should not be sent through Bayer corporate email, plus none of these articles are approved by Bayer legal to be shared with the Neurology sales force, so it puts Bayer corporate at risk for lawsuits.

This can be a good example of Mike Foley being none compliant with regards to Bayer corporate product marketing policies, so save, and share those sent emails with whomever you are speaking to.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am serious. And I am speaking to people. I don't think you are serious. I filed a complaint about work place harassment.

Rumors, innuendos and hearsay are irrelevant.

If you have all those memo's, then what is stopping you from reporting it.

Show some courage. Although, you don't have to, you can be anonymous.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in the process.

I am questioning as to why you think I am the only person who has these memos/emails as they were sent to the entire Neurology sales force? Look in your email inbox.

If you really work for Bayer Neurology as a rep you also should have these Foley memos/emails as well as they were sent to the entire sales force so since you have already started a complaint about Foley using these memos/emails will help your case strengthen.

My goal here is to expose Foley and his noncompliant behavior to other Neurology reps so that they can better prepare themselves if they were to start a complaint.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sure those memo's are in my mailbox. I don't read much that foley puts out. I welcome your input. I am concentrating on work place harassment. I also filed another formal complaint concerning a different issue.

I agree with you. The more people that go after foley the better. If we don't succeed with one blow we can take him down with "A Thousand Cuts".

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember Bayer legal only cares about Bayer corporate and unfortunately Mike Foley harassing the Neurology sales force has no affect on Bayer corporate.

However; Mike Foley's noncompliance affects Bayer corporate directly by Bayer corporate becoming more vulnerable to lawsuits, be it by Bayer reps, or even our competitors, as the competing MS companies find out about unapproved articles being distributed within Bayer email system, it is a much better approach to take.

Mike Foley's noncompliance with Bayer product marketing policies (emailing unapproved article links), and Mike Foley falsely portraying himself as VP of sales with Bayer, coming up with his own employee performance parameter policies every quarter (a new PIP policy every quarter) that is not in line with Bayer corporate policies, plus Mike Foley changing, and in many cases increasing sales quotas mid year in 2017, to later use these new sales quatas to put reps on PIPs who otherwise would not be in the bottom 20% of the sales force to be justified to be put on a PIP, are all good points to bring up to whomever you are speaking to, so you can strengthen your case.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR seems fine with it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know what other people think, I have enough trouble knowing what I think. I do know I have been corresponding with Senior Director Counsel. She has provided me with our HR contact who is Laurie Overaker, 862-404-5228.

In my communication with Counsel I have informed her about Cafe Pharma and my suspicions of foley being all over the thread of "What makes Mike foley such a goofball". I also informed her of foley's memo to the field force about Kristen Merriam and NPTs on June 19th, and the coincidence of Kristen being brought up just a few days earlier on Cafe Pharma. Senior Director Counsel asked me to forward foley's memo to her, which I did.

I told her I am on Cafe Pharma all the time and how entertaining it is. Especially when you have a guy like foley who is so easy to manipulate. It was a Friday morning the first time we talked. She told me she was going to have a good Friday afternoon entertaining herself with Cafe Pharma, especially "foley is a goofball" since I pointed out all the posts that were him posing as a rep.

I also brought up the story of foley's assault on the derm rep. So I think Senior Director Counsel has plenty to chew on about foley, especially when I will point out all the other things on Cafe Pharma.

But know this, nothing is more powerful than direct testimony from the actual people involved. You would not want to be prosecuted on any les evidence.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great job!

I and a couple more reps who I know have spoken to Laurie as well.

Make sure you bring up to Laurie and show her all the unapproved links to unapproved MS articles that Mike Foley has been emailing the Neurology sales force.

Remind Laurie that this "Homemade Marketing" by Mike Foley of emailing unapproved MS articles is against the law and can jeopardize Bayer corporate with lawsuits once other competing MS companies find out about this "Homemade Marketing".

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about how Foley is with PIRs. I think the conversation/training regardng what constitutes an off label question is a bit broad. I have been part of many POA discussions where the question "what is new" has been interpreted as an off label question or at least a start. What would Bayer compliance say about that? And didnt Foley send out an email complaining about the lack of PIRs? Bayer should watch out. Whistleblowing is becoming more common. And since Bayer has obviously shown a complete lack of disregard towards the sales force by allowing the pathetic and reckless behavior of Mike Foley, reps wont feel so bad coming forward. Hmmmmm....something to think about...