What will the criteria be for layoffs?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does being harassed on cafe pharma count? I can't really do anything about it nor do I really want to. General enough to muddy the waters but I'm no dumbass. Just enough to shock and hurt. Not specific enough for me to prove.
    Most is gone now.
    It does not seem to be that I was alone.

There are some heartless people here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not quite sure who you are referring to, but I've never been called out and everything I've said is spot on as to what happened. You don't have it believe me on the last statement, but my anger does not come from being called out. But if the powers at be are not careful, I will not hesitate to call them out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you were being taunted, honey. I see this on several boards, maybe 2-3 different people. If you were, I'm sorry.
    But ... let me just alleviate most of you who are upset. There were a few "general" references I didn't get, but do trust me ... I know who was the brunt of most of this bullshit. From the "general" physical appearance (by the way, those of you who stereotype "bleachy" blonds who are well-endowed, you are stupid), "general" location (I think we all know which one was picked at the most), to the "single" woman to talking about women who hang out late and/or with the boys (isn't that most of us?), 1000 mile rules (she is probably the first one referenced in this thread), to having a "ruthless" bitch of a manager, to being the "kind" you have to call ... I'm not sure if it was her ex-counterpart (if those who didn't know him didn't already know ... can we not see he's an idiot) or ex-manager who started the rumor about her and "HIM", and some took off and had fun with it. She worked for a manager that definitely breeds fear. I don't think it was the actual person of rumor who put out these "general" references toward her, but those who heard the rumor and either believed it or if they didn't believe it thought it was funny to joke about. Sure it would have been more "ideal" if "she" was married, because when you make the big bucks you don't wanna risk somebody running their mouth now do u!?!?! It's not like you actually like her!
    It's damn pitiful. There are always crappy people in any organization. But there are also plenty of good ones here, too. Including managers and upper management.

I'd rather be a "single" who is a "prude" than be used. We may "have it in us" but save for appropriate situations. I understand it's not all "sleaze" and for some women it's real interest but for many it's not and you know if it's not. I noticed the "married" women were quiet but that shit happens too, that's worse than the crazy partying singles!!!!

As far as all of you who are being sexually harassed by your own managers, don't put up with that shit. Don't be afraid. SPEAK UP

You guys all know Otsuka is a sinking ship. Get out. What are they telling you all now? I bet it's a bunch of bullshit lies.

And DO speak up for those that can't or won't!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Start a harassment thread. This is not correct thread for ur hookup crap

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction, harassment crap.

I doubt we will ever know criteria for lay offs. Geography.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CP mods keep deleting harass. threads just as they are started. That's why you seeing this posted on other threads.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and also being posted on this thread.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Criteria for displacement: performance review rating, zip code and market volume. If all is equal for those, then rep value (high salary goes first and management input comes in at this point about the value to the team.) most territories will lose at least 1 blue counterpart, if brex launches with schizo only, the red team player (s) libe geographically close and there is a lundbeck hire, it is possible to lose 2 blue team positions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is your source? When?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry-will not post the source. Timeline is q4-q1

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please share your source. Thanks

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously who would name their source? That said worry more about yourself than whether it's valid or not. Bob O said it himself they will keep those who perform.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the managers bob said is working with Zs?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bob. O. never said we were having layoffs. Where are you people getting this from?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No but he did talk about attrition first by people who leave on their own and they will evaluate as time goes on . You are delusional through if you don't think they will lay off. Do the math there are still too many of us , ESP if blue team territories have 2 reps at present. Plus what if Brex gets delayed ? You never know what the FDA is thinking . If it is delayed do you think they want tons of reps sitting around talking schizo w a generic Abilify out there . So yes while he did not say layoffs now, it does not take a R scientist to see there is no way normal attrition will get them to the head count number they need.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agreed too, I was just trying to be a little bit nicer!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of these women you're referencing don't even work here anymore. Leave it be! I keep seeing that a friend or friends had things removed. There's a reason for that. Stop gossiping about these women. Y'all have brought up that one poor girl so many times and she quit a while back. This is ridiculous. We get the point, most don't care, and the ones that do don't believe or have taken better steps to protect her like removal verses gossip. We wouldn't have even known who it was without all of your obvious "references" from that thread.

Okay please stop now. Let's worry about what matters!!!

Managers, are you really going to have a say about value to the team, etc? Could someone explain salary, how it plays a role? Any good idea on timeline? What about severance info? I have not been able to find anything. Any long time Otsuka employees, can you share what you know about past severances?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol you are pathetic if you think a manager, etc will post anything here that's accurate . Just leave now and save a spot for somebody who drinks their Kool Aid.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers, are you really going to have a say about value to the team, etc? Could someone explain salary, how it plays a role? Any good idea on timeline? What about severance info? I have not been able to find anything. Any long time Otsuka employees, can you share what you know about past severances?[/QUOTE]

this is hard to predict since there have not been layoffs under this new management-some of them were around for about 2 months before the first layoff and those who were at the bottom 20% no matter how long you had been here, how well you had done previously or how much money you made-it was purely "what have you done for me lately" they ranked us from the end of the year and cut off the bottom 20%, the other layoff off was similar but looked more at territories, if there were 2 reps in the same geography they took the rep with the best sales at the time-

the packages were 1 month for every year up to 12 months -
    if you are in the top 1/2 or better than a rep in the same city you should be safe-
    they never want an employee to say they were unfairly let go, so this is the best and fairest way.

Get your numbers up