What would you do to increase Benco's Sales Morale?

Discussion in 'Benco Dental' started by anonymous, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I heard, it was a handful of salary reps, all let go on Monday. Reps might be let go all the time but usually not at the same time.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct, but not a positive harbinger of good things to come

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last count I heard 15 were let go and another round is coming next month. For a company that’s always said that letting employees go is the last alternative (when comparing themselves to Patterson during their layoffs), this is a foreshadowing of things to come.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Benco is letting reps go and will continue to do so. If the numbers aren’t there you are gone. Base bonus reps costing to much. Benco website used to have about 30-40 sales positions listed today only 5 positions listed. Looks like we’re going in a different direction!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it was 15 reps that got let go that’s no small number since there’s only high 300 TRs.

Does anyone know what regions?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not sure which regions, there’s an ops meeting next week so there maybe they’ll share. They’ve kept it pretty hush hush at home office. Many of us are finding out because we’ve called TR’s and some have told they were let go. It’s been weird how theres been no sort of announcement.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they have to know it takes more than a few months to make any headway as a rookie. They went out and hired dozens of rookies and put them on the new salary structure and now are punishing them for not selling enough in 4-6 months.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know of a rep gone from my region who has done almost 200k in consumables the last 4 months as a rookie and she was let go. So even the ones who are performing are being canned.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

maybe they would sell more if there was actually a CRM. Not Microsoft dynamics used as an electronic note book. You cannot communicate with customers and drive sales through the software, therefore it is not a CRM.
    please, large lady up north, quit calling it a crm, it is just a way to gather notes, nothing more.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

which region? Did she even finish training? How many base bonus hires are left?

Over 30 million in fines, plus court costs. I imagine there will be 0 left by December.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you have confirmation of the amount on the fines? Legal fees or are just speculating? I'm sure it's going to hurt but it's also a topic of another thread so let's get back to how to motivate the sales team, start with removing Shivetts. Second get rid of Select, period. Then give us a real CRM. There's more but those are three solid moves that will go a long way with the field.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think they are getting rid of salary TRs to save money. Doesn’t matter if they perform or not. Obviously if you are performing they will keep you longer.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Confirmed firing of reps from Peachtree and Ohio Valley regions.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes she did training and came back and did really well.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m on the salary plan. They didn’t give me an option when I was hired for any other pay plan. So I’m prob next.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how many from those regions?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder if HR will include all the people fired on the farewell message they do friday “weekly update”.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think they decided to go salary only for new reps and probably assumed they could force out the top commission reps and keep their accts for the salary reps to handle. Doesn’t seem to be working so they are cutting back on the salary reps. Top reps are leaving and taking their accts with them.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

y’all saw the update from Rable? 39 total people gone including from home office

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wondered that too. Can’t help morale to see the names spelled out of all your former co-workers.