What's going on? Layoffs are coming...

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2016 at 2:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

July might be possible, hearing talks of collapsing territories. Could be a sign of things to come.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haven't heard a damned thing. It has been eerily quiet. The department that was going to handle the layoffs is now not returning any calls. I think they may have gotten in trouble for speaking out.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe enough people have quit the past six months that they no longer need to lay anyone off. I know of several territories where there in no blue and/or no red team member. More Ready Now reps that you can shake a stick at though...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Out with the old. In with the new. Experienced need not apply.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have been dumbed down as a sales division. Experienced, successful sales people command higher salaries. Otsuka used to attract and pay for this kind of talent. I talked to someone new who just went through training and it seems like they are only taking people who lost their jobs and are desperate for work. Otsuka used to pull people from other companies but not anymore.
    Now they are shifting to almost a contract rep type of environment. If you want primary care sample droppers, you got em. Otsuka also used to retain top talent, but the turnover here is the worst I have even seen it in my six years here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every time I get a sales report I can't help but laugh at all the vacant territories. Way to retain run off your sales force Otsuka. Idiots.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vacancies have been a big problem for the past year but at least senior leadership is going strong. I was just thinking that we did not have enough VP's who reported to other VP's. I think the recent promotion for Sales and Marketing recognizes a true visionary and hands on executive who encompasses the real fortitude we need to propel our company into the next decade and beyond! Oh wait, never mind. Looks like they are just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just spit my drink on my computer screen...
    Ironic that behavior may have cost one Rexulti leader a job and they seem to have brought on one with behavior problems as well.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who was promoted?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Outside ordinary promotion cycle, so exactly, who? Certainly seems like a deck chair reshuffling

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The announcement indicated Roddy would test the true definition of the Peter Principle. Let the experiment begin.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is Roddy's new role? Does he outrank Holly?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

of course he aint white.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reductions will be with Blue - too may AM's with Lundbeck out there.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard that many of the 3-AM pods out there in Blue only need to be 2-AM pods. Rumor is they're trying to let attrition take care of it.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With all of the concerns about budgets, do we have "time" to wait for attrition? Not like we can't keep the lights on, but considering there is such an emphasis on the bottom line and profitability, shouldn't this be the first thing we do?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At he rate people are leaving, we won't have to have a layoff! I think it's Otsuka's strategy to force people out to save on severance, associated layoff costs, etc. Everyone I know is now actively looking to get the hell out of here. But, it's not just us. Although it's not as bad at Lundbeck yet, it appears they are looking to make a change as well, at least the ones I know.

I guess it's the pressure to hit ridiculous goals and all of the other BS. I have a close friend at a very major pharma company, and things have actually gotten better! Maybe the grass is greener at some of the majors!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's precisely the strategy. They want older reps to leave and replace us with Ready Now reps. So they are creating a work dynamic that is miserable for anyone that has a family or does not want to be out overnight all the time. None of those Ready Now reps have spouses or children.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what is a ready now rep? Contract rep??