What's going to happen to the Novartis contract?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much notice will we get as reps if the Novartis contract is not renewed? Could Novartis claw out some type of agreement that only keeps a percentage of PDI reps in the major cities?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anything can happen. Regarding notice, you're typically told to call in and you're told you're done. Could happen any day.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A restructure is a definite, if they do renew at all.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my experience is that there is usually a short grace period before you are truly done. They may tell you to stop making calls immediately and cancel any scheduled meetings, but you should get a few weeks of pay for nothing as you scramble for the next opportunity

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6-8 week warning that job is over

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so contract is through April or June?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? July.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

End of June

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Conference call April 2nd to announce that the contract will end at the end of May.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been with public is for over 5 yrs. I'm now on my 3rd contract and I've been given only 1 hours notice before the phone call came. The call where you learn the contract is over. 2 wks notice and 2 weeks pay + any unused vacation days. No personal days are paid out, so use those now instead of vacation days.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would they bring contract into new tri-mester only to end it. Agree with April 2, but will end end of April.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ contract gave 6 weeks warning notice

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ did NOT give six weeks warning. They sent out an email in the AM for CC at 4pm. However, they did give us until the end of the month (3 weeks) to make fake calls. They paid our bonus on time and did not trash talk about us. They treated us like human beings....a concept lost on NVS.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NVS is cherry picking PDI reps to rollover. In my terriory 1 was rolled over. I am sure that it's happening in other territories. This looks like a big red flag that they are preparing for restructuring. Once they have everyone in place that they want, it will be over.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When did this happen?? And was there a cv2 vacancy?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

many places that PDI was not hired depends on ABL, geography
    Not sure Novartis has a direction
    SOC hospitalists...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was 6 weeks, call came around May 16th, we were paid until June 30th. Agreed that they treated us well, Novartis is the worst.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are not cherry picking anyone, if there’s an opening you can apply. Rep got lucky. No one, and I mean NOONE will be rolled over. Enough with this already.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you say Suppositories? Don't those go up your butt like enemas?? Ahhh!!! My sooooothing anus!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It did happen and there was an opening. Yes, any PDI rep can apply, but most are told not to apply by their ABL. We were told they were looking for specific experience.