What's happening at Stockley?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9am meeting called for Development with Chris tomorrow for all based at Stockley...is it finally goodbye stockley site?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expecting it to close and for staff to be moved to Brentford and/or Stevenage.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the contracts say a west London site so most likely to be GSKH

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And GSK House it is. All employees must make the move. That's the intention.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is anyone planning to work from home more? Parking will be awful

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are being processed, herded together for selection, and then removal...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo! Hit the nail on the head.
    To those worrying about parking:
    I have to tell you, I have been at Viiv for a little over a year and I am stunned at how brainless and incapable of independent irrational thought the blob of people who work at a company are.
    Stockley has over 1200 employees, "moving" them to another already full location is:
    1. Mathematically impossible, you need very few neurons to figure that out
    2. Has not real bearing on the company official "cross functional collaboration" reason for the move
    3. The open space concept exists for the very purpose of using employees like lego pieces. There is no move, no renovation and no personalization. Every human is a unit, they are to be used and disposed.
    4. If your biggest concern about the move is "parking space" you deserve a decerebrate existence deviod of critical thinking, in other words, you are the perfect GSK employee. Fill up reams of meaningless metrics, sit in meetings with no real outcomes and cheer initiatives that are blighted at inception by the sheer idiocy of their concepts.
    5. The most amazing thing will be your utter surprise at the bloodbath of layoffs, some faster, some more surreptitious. Like that guy with the stapler in the movie office space, you will be sitting in dingy basement wondering why you are not getting a paycheck as you cling on to your stapler as if it is the only thing that saves you from certain oblivion.
    I would say wake up, but that presumes that you have a functional nervous system. Those of us who see the changes plainly also realize that a lot of us have lost the capacity to comprehend.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When asked we were told GSK House is currently not full and will fit all employee from SP after a significant refurbishment and flexible working considerations. Stevenage doesn't have much space thankfully. R and D reorganisation still not fully announced

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The l’oreal Princess is coming on Monday for a let’s talk, what’s the point of a let’s talk after the announcement to close SP - pointless