What's it really like to work here?

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6 to 12k in "bonus", not base.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really want an honest opinion, you should not be looking to cafepharma to help you find that. Most people on here are the complainers of the company. If it's so bad, leave. I have made $10,500 in bonus this calendar year so far and we get paid monthly so it's a nice perk.

My base is lower than some people in my geography in pharma but I am happy to not have an awful micromanager and I live in my territory. It's not the greatest job in the world but it certainly isn't the worst either. You have to make every situation work for you. There are awful managers in some geographies here that I would never in a million years work for but I got lucky with one that doesn't ride us too hard and is nice and layed back.

When it comes to pay there are plenty of people with no experience making somewhere in the $50's but there are also plenty of people in the $80's as well. Negotiate your pay and vacation and if they don't work with you, then don't take it. It's all what you make it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say this is accurate except the part about people in the 80's. I don't know anyone hired in for more than low 60's. Maybe the pay scale changes based on geography.
    Anyway, this job is easy unless you have a jerk for a manager. You just have to know how to think on your feet and apply some street smarts. A good understanding of the disease state is essential too. Nothing too complicated if you have a basic command of these things.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I repeat. BS on mid 60's

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stability??? We just went thru reallignment...they let 10 people go... Offered them basically nothing didn't even give them 30 days of insurance or pay it was awful what they did to them. Not only that... How much life does lipofen have left... Under a year. And livalo less than 2 years! And we can't even get from "RTB"!! The sales force talking about livalo shrunk with the Lilly loss... Yet they think they are gonna help stop that bleed by hiring 20 reps??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is a shit show.

What I don't understand is the mind set most of the reps have...why are you all so content making 75K a year (IF YOU'RE LUCKY) at this dump and just getting by. Is that what you signed up for in life? I guess for some, working for Kowa means "they've arrived" in the world.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What?!?!?!? First... Why are you on here then?? You should be out spending your big KOwa money. Second... You are a complete misrepresentation of what reality is at KOwa. There are NUMEROUS reps that have made ZERO dollars in bonus while having positive growth! The current and last 2 IC plans paid more money per month in bonus to reps who have high volume but had negative growth.... Vs a low volume territory that gets paid ZERO dollars despite being in the top 30 for growth!!!! What kind of sales organization pays big bonuses on negative growth!!! You need VOLUME to win here. A rep in 2012 had over 200% growth with livalo but was BARELY in the top 50 percent of the sales force. I will say you are correct that it is laid back and not micro managed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I concur on that salary! I am an experienced rep they brought me in at 86k base plus bonus. Was told I should hit $40k bonus without a problem. I am stoked bro! Besides this company likes to party. I heard the VP of sales and RD's like to swig!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can cut through the sarcasm and bitterness, listen to the more objective replys. Best gig, no. Worst gig, no.

You know what you want and need more than any of these total strangers. I have always thought, "go with your gut", based on solid, constructive feedback.

I wish you well no matter what you do.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously....Why does someone like the poster above feel the need to lie so badly? I realize it's an anonymous poster on Cafe Pharma. But....it's just hard to imagine what type of joy someone gets by b.s.-ing?

If you're truly curious about what type of base salary you can expect, then why don't you just pose the question instead of throwing out a figure that's obviously not even close to what you'd earn?

No matter how many years of experience you have, how great your resume is or who you know: they didn't "bring you in" as a rep at 86k. They didn't bring you in at 76k and they probably didn't bring you in at 66k.

If someone told you that you'd make 40k in bonus "no problem". That true was a lie. You have to rank at the top for volume, growth and mkt share every single month for an entire year to make that. Is it POSSIBLE? Yes. Is it probable? No. Would someone tell you that you would make that "no problem"? Absolutely not. The second you see the I.C. plan, you'd know the manager was full of crap that told you that and you'd be looking for another job!

Just ask next time and don't lie, Douche. No one likes a liar and most religions consider it a sin.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. I interviewed because it was announced that my company was doing a major restructuring. I have enough years and successes to warrant much more than a $76k base.

I was offered the position at a salary much lower and an apology by the DM.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! So much self pitty. The job sucks dude, stop trying to validate why you suck!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company; excellent starting base for those who have experience and excellent bonus opportunity!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I made 92K this year which includes base and commissions. Not that bad, if I may say so.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love working at Kowa. I'm not micro managed and I'm able to run my territory like my own business. Decent base, nice car and good bonus!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any positions opening? Northeast Pa?? I have 6 years experience

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have 6 years of experience then you know to look on the company website for open positions, not the board that everyone complains on. Come on!