What's life like at Galderma?

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call from a recruiter yesterday about a sales rep. position with Galderma. I have a few questions.....

1. What is the culture like here?

2. Base pay? Average bonuses?

3. Signatures or no sigs?

4. How is calling on derms vs primary care?

5. Is this viewed as your typical pharma rep. job?

Any serious input and additional insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're female, go to the "sex for drugs" thread and that will tell you everything you need to know about what the culture is like.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

see below

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand your company is hiring again and I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what life is like at Galderma right now. Is there job security? I know the industry as a whole is changing rapidly and there are a lot of people that are unhappy with the path it has taken but do you think that this is a good company to work for?
    Thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're asking about job security, it's just getting worse. People are getting tossed around and Fear is the culture. The base is lower than industry and the bonus structure keeps changing every quarter. Nothing new to sell for the new year. If you have no other offers, then jump in the frying pan, but if you have something else on the table, I would take that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Derms are a good specialty to call on - you get more time and attention from them.

Base salary used to be a weakness at Galderma but starting salaries are totally competitive (they have come up a lot past 2 years) and despite some other posts here, commission target has stayed steady past 3+ years.

Company is stable despite a few spoiled people on here who have no clue. Sales force recently went through a minor restructure where less than 10 reps were offered new territories but decided to take severance instead. Other reps got new territories and company is paying for many to move so they can keep jobs.

Benefits and 401k are exceptional. Reputation in the market place is very good. Overall there are no greener pastures out there so if you are a good B2B sales person and not a spoiled pharma whiner, welcome aboard.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Galderma is a great company. A lot of us have been here for a long time and the company has always done the right thing for people. We had one sales group that was too big and the other groups stayed the same or grew. Everybody was offered a position and or a package to relocate if they wanted to. I sell the Rosacea drugs and fact that we had such great growth, the company decided to expand our sales force. These clowns bad mouthing the company are either crappy reps or they are more likely the competition that we continue to take Rx and market share from. I look forward to going to Texas this week and I hope to be picking up a new Rolex and maybe a trip to Costa Rico.

Do not listen to the negative crap on this board. if you get a chance to come to this company - take it. If you cannot sell they will not hire you or you will not keep your job. If you can sell it is arguably the best place to be right now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run like the devil is chasing you and don't look back!