What's so Bad about Sun?

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Jun 25, 2018 at 1:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am seriously considering leaving a good job to be a manager in Ophlamics. I see tons of negativity that you see on every company's thread, but no specifics. What is the real reason upper management has had so much turnover? Poor leadership? Why are the best reps leaving? Does incentive comp suck? Do the company cards suck? What are the real reasons for all the negativity?

I really appreciate your comments!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are specifics on this board so you havent searched enough.
    1. This is an India based company that tries to run the US just like India. When they had a US based leader things were great. Then he got fired and they brought in the Indians. From that point ever since it had been awful. Below are specifics.
    2 India leaders hate women and will yell and scream at them in front of others and belittle them. This is an India culturw thing. It has happened and many times. HR does NOTHING!!!
    3. This is a win at all cost culture including break the law, sell off label, sell the spread. Its hush hush wink wink. nothing in writing.
    4 No long term incentives. No stock, no profit sharing. its just a j.o.b.
    5. The products are me too. Nothing of real substance.
    6. A ton of back stabbing internally and suck ups rule. If u dont like to kiss butt then dont come here. it is expected.
    7. The home office literally and not joking smells. Think curry and no deodorant
    8. Many that have left have turned Sun into the DOJ for illegal activity.
    9. Cars are nice...that is only plus
    10. Goals never come out on time and usually close to the close of the quarter.
    11. Most DMs are bottom of the barrell and cant find work anywhere else..same goes for RDs or NSDs.

Besides these issues it is great.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reconsider being manager of a group when you cannot spell "ophthalmics" correctly....maybe try "diabirdics" or "hydrotension". Or stocking shelves at CVS.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almost all divisions are experiencing flat or declining sales/profits. Sun is not doing anything to change that, instead they are raising prices of the drugs and tightening the copay cards. Sun also hasn’t had the best of luck or meetings with payers so most drugs don’t have great coverage and really need a flexible copay card. I understand that is a double edged sword, but something has to give.

Turnover is happening at all levels. My guess would be because Suns transparency of their future in the US is obsolete. At no cost will they share with employees these plans leading many to believe they need to find work elsewhere for longevity.

IC is not terrible, but goal setting is. Many divisions don’t receive their goals until two months into the quarter, and the range in incredible. Some reps 250% to goal while others are 45%. Yet, nothing changes.

The people at the top Sun is bringing in seem to be inexperienced in their specialties. Making quick, uninformed decisions with no desire to understand the business.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

select few losers on here who love crying. I like Sun a lot. Pay is great as well.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely a fair assessment above, every point is accurate.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all know there’s less and less to be made on raising prices. That’s our new norm.

What’s more concerning is the lack of innovation and strategic direction we have, and that basically the company does not value employees.

We’re not looking for nirvana, I get it, it’s a job. But I’ve been in the industry for most of my career, and for sure, Sun ranks the lowest on virtually every measure.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh jeez, stop the PR campaign pleeeze.

Anyone recall Sun being ‘awared’ the top spot for least compassionate pharma company globally. It came to light while I was interviewing over a year ago. Seriously.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shalynn STOP!!! You have job security by all of the people leaving all the time. Stay off cafepharma!!! Nobody will believe you this is a good place. It sucks!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company is definitely top 5 for terrible places to work. Slimy leadership, hostile work environment, sexual harassment, HR turns a blind eye on everything, awful 401K, vacation time is a joke, products are me too, price gouging, no structure, inability to execute, micromanagers, culture is toxic and they could careless about patients and employees.

Stay far away. Run away.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great company my friend. Run by a very smart man.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are CLEARLY delusional. This company is a dumpster fire and DSS is the caretaker. Into cult of personalities much?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Yup, you checked just about all the boxes with that list.

If you’re considering working for Sun, dare the people you interview with to look into your eye and answer this:

“I want you to think about your best friend in your career, the person you’ve had a great working relationship and friendship with for, say, 10 years.

There’s an open position at Sun, and their skills are exactly what’s needed. They are currently employed, at a really good company, and they’ve had good career progression, with 5 years at their current company.

They have a family, and are the primary, but not sole, source of income.

Would you reach out to them and say ‘hey, this place is great, you should join Sun”.

Simple question. Not so simple answer. Pay close attention to their verbal and body language. They’ll stammer, they’ll talk too much, trying to convince both themselves and you.

No one will just hammer down and say ‘absolutely’ and leave it at that. And that’s because in their core, they don’t believe it to be true.

#guaranteed

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you all for take big time to reply!

What are car choices for reps, managers? Silly question but it matters!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? You are honestly still considering? WOW... well we tried to warn you. Willing to sell your soul for a car.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did we ever get a straight answer? Car choices for reps and managers are what?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

reps: Mercedes C class 300 and higher

managers: Tesla

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poopy-di scoop
    Scoop-diddy-whoop
    Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
    Poop-di-scoopty
    Scoopty-whoop
    Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop
    Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop
    Poop, poop
    Scoop-diddy-whoop
    Whoop-diddy-scoop
    Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom is this you posting your new sales strategy?