What's the craziest thing you expensed (or heard someone else do)?

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Feb 23, 2020 at 1:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With all cost cutting, I gotta say, the one small part that is warranted is because of all the people who took advantage of the expense policy.

What are some of the egregious things you've expensed or heard someone do?

I'll go first. Teammates who expensed a massively expensive Michelin meal and then wrote in the system that their receipt was for 2 people and not just themselves.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hookers and strip clubs in Vegas as meals.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So why is this important?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the most insulting post i have ever seen on cafepharma. Learly from some HQ hack that has no respect for the field.

Go away you small minded turd!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's only insulting because it's true. Bringing to light the type of crap that certain genentech employees took advantage of.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe I did this- it goes against my moral compass. But, I expensed a new Iphone charging cord even though I was not sure that the one I had was truly shorting out. I am a bad boy! Don't mess with me.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I expensed myself. I add almost no value to patients. I peddle snake oil like ecosystems, mindset shifts, and technobabble.

- the entire CEoF team

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This certainly seems like the way to do it. Why not sack up and confront them head on?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sloppy auditing and manager approval. The bill tells you how many diners dined. CRACK DOWN!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

STOP fishing no one is taking your bait. Some of us did the right thing, not everyone is a thief.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AirPods, baby!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Barnum and Bailey circus for my kids birthday and expensed as a therapy awareness lunch! DOUCHE BAGS!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would be you.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every time I fly to the home office, the 'lunch or dinner' aka alcohol from the grocery store that I give as gifts to my buds nearby.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I haven’t paid for a flight to my home town in years. Whenever I want to go home or it’s a holiday and my spouse and I want to go somewhere fun, I just call the lazy rep in that area and work with them. I don’t care if it’s inconvenient for them, I want my free trip and free hotel. And no, it’s never for a business reason. No one in the home office including my boss ever asks because she does it too. Hoping these ecosystems don’t change this. I’d hate to pay for a flight across the country. That would suck because it’s so expensive!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has been going on for yearssssss. The leaders in this company are frauds.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked with a guy, like 15 years ago, that got caught expensing a golf club membership - like $10-12 grand. Yeah. He got fired.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I expensed thousands of dollars of Jimmie John sandwiches for my customers over a ten-year career in sales.

I expect St. Peter will turn me away from the pearl gates upon my departure from this world.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Years ago Cathflo DM took a MD to a strip club and expensed the bill. Also that Nutropin ROC went on designer purse shopping spree with cost center PCard. Friend of mine is a PA down in LA, told me that this DNA rep always got em tickets to Vegas boxing events. Winners!