What's the Culture like at Nobel Biocare?

Discussion in 'Nobel Biocare' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's it like to work for this company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its funny no one can answer that question.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's somewhat of a double edged sword scenario. Overall, the people who work there are talented, hard working, and personable. (Obviously there are always exceptions) You're working for one of the industry leaders, so you can wake up every day knowing your with a pretty good company that has a strong industry name.

(*Let me start the complaints by saying I've been removed from the company atmosphere for a while, so things may have changed...........)

The downside is that the folks who are pulling all the strings take a blind eye approach to what is going on in the industry and with their products. Talent became expendable because it was thought the Nobel name alone could carry the company.

If you were a Rep or Manager who over performed on a consistent basis, it wasn't until they realized you were leaving for greener pastures that they'd try to keep you around. The mass exodus and large turnover killed a lot of territories that were once Nobel strongholds. Everyone who works there knows exactly how much it takes to manufacture the parts, and how much they're selling for (the margins are absurd). Yet, very little of that would go to the people actually driving the business. It also doesn't help when the pay structure changes as often as the weather.

There's was also the stress of product mis-management. You're told to sell the newest and greatest product(s) even though there were rumblings from within that all the kinks hadn't been worked out. If you bring up your concerns, you're put at ease with the company line. From their perspective, the moneys been invested, so push it through. I know many dreaded seeing calls from certain phone numbers once a new product was in use. The smart thing to do is make damn sure everything is working tip top before it touches a customers hands..........not the other way around.

At the end of the day, I doubt this differs much from the other players in the market. They all have their warts. If you work for one of the larger implant companies and you're exceeding your goals, than you're a hell of a salesman or woman and you have a bright future. It's a very difficult industry and only a few others rival the amount of competition. The good news is that if you ever decide to flee, it's a nice shiny star on a Resume.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow well said about the industry!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The smart thing to do is make damn sure everything is working tip top before it touches a customers hands..........not the other way around."

Nobel's biggest downfall bar none...and Straumann's biggest strength.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree with the statement that Straumanns strength is that it tests it's products before they touch a customers hands. Straumann once launched a bone ceramic which left 90% of the patients with infections and grafts that never took. Fact!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO WORK BALANCE!

Poor management!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumb and dumber.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A ticking time bomb. Times almost up and everyone knows it. Just sticking around for a check.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture is just like any large organization. There is good and bad but mostly good. We have a management team that wants you to do well and gives you the support and leeway to do whatever it takes to exceed. As a sales rep your like a franchisee able to make decisions and choices that make good business sense. The regions are large in some cases small in others based on location. The name allows you to see almost anyone and as a company we spend more on research and development than all the others combined. That means you have a pipeline and something to talk about to anyone. We have developed solutions to meet the needs of patients and ways for our customers to deliver patient care at reasonable costs. The tools to support practice development and be an active consultant. Other companies are beginning to mimic our offerings which means we are making an impact and doing the right things. When you want to see if a company is frowning and doing things right look at how many others try to deliver the same to their customers none can currently but they are trying. If your applying for a position ask the manager to ride with a local rep for the day you can get excellent feedback doing so. This forum will only supply the thoughts of those who wish or can't be a part of the company. I hope this helps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do us a favor if you really work here quit, don't just stick around for the check. Your not doing you or anyone else any favors and I can only imagine how poorly your sales are doing. I don't see why you would post such a stupid comment here of all places. This company provides you the opportunity to do more and make more than any other. If you don't like it implant direct is hiring or use your massive skill set to break into a whole new business like cleaning toilets or selling cars.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How would you know?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The management team is made up up former sales reps. They allow reps to make the choice to excel. It does take a lot of work not a 9-5 job so if you have no work balance who's decision is it? I'm certain your manager doesn't force you to do anything if it talks more hours than your used to maybe it's not the right fit or your not ready for the big time. The work balance is your decision if you really work here put away you pity towel and do the job. Create your own work balance and quit moaning and groaning. We want winners not winers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally a post that makes sense they also introduced the first true bone level implant with over 400 being placed before taking it to market. According to their marketing materials, how does that relate to the real world? 400 is like peeing in the ocean the doctors and their patients are testing the product for them. Which seems to have issues right? When did they bring out the Ti brush? Right after their first true bone level implant started having numerous problems!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh goody a field trip from the r***** foundation wipe the drool from your face and make a happy pee your not making much sense. Straumann's biggest strength is keeping their doctors happy somehow when they are entering and plan to lead the low cost market. How they can do that is the secret other than that they are crap that worked when you used the original design but doesn't when you try the bone level. I'm hoping the newest plan to teach the referrals how to place their own implants succeeds. Now their surgeons will have more time on their hands to look at what other companies can offer and do for them!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No work balance at all and no one gives a damn!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TRUE!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have something to back this up? I would like to see it. Never heard this.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not the one who posted that statement but their bone ceramic is total shit. It never turned over to bone. I don't know about the infection claim.