What's This Company Like To Work For?

Discussion in 'Acumed' started by anonymous, Jun 29, 2016 at 8:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What has been your experience working for this company?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I would like to know too? How is the company doing vs other competitors?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just look at Glassdoor, look at the open positions on the corporate website, and then do the math.

Hint: Don't work here.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In what capacity are you interested in working for them? As a previous sales rep for a distributor I can say that Acumed is a GREAT company! Unfortunately they use distributors for the sales and I worked for a horrible distributor out of Houston. He was arrogant and had no clue what was going on. Typical case of "daddy built a great business and left it to me, but I have no idea what I'm doing.'

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. The guy has no clue. He is a loser.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would say if you’re not a high performing employee who is willing to go the extra mile then you’re right, don’t work here.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why would we go the extra mile? We all make below the industry average and you guys pay the distributors tons of money and some of them are the biggest assholes I have met. Let’s name some of them...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re so undervalued, why don’t you seek other employment?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did! :D

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. This is an excuse to give out raises and promotions based on favoritism.

High performers are leaving (or have already left, bye!) EVERY DAY because of the way they're treated by middle management and the ET. This place is toxic. Don't work here. Get out if you can.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While, yes, the company is going through a “cultural change” and seems to be stressed and disorganized right now, it is a good place to work.

I lot of “disgruntled” employees and former employees have spewed their biased opinions all over this website as well as glass door, but they are the employees who feel they are entitled to receive high pay and benefits for low contribution and output.
    Acumed is transitioning to a “high performing” company —- that means business and employee performance. If you are an employee who just “gets by” by doing the bare minimum, then yes, you will NOT appreciate the annual compensation (bonus & raise) package.... but, if you are a contributing employee who shows up, gives an honest days work and is truly engaged in your activities, you will be rewarded.
    Additionally, Acumed has a generous compensation package...... health insurance is top of that list. Acumed pays upwards of 95% if the employees healthcare premiums and 80% of family healthcare premiums. In other companies, if available, you could be paying 50% or more out of your paycheck..... sad how no one looks at those figures when spouting about pay.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

o_O

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just stop. Please. This post is quite clearly from a member of leadership, HR, or the executive team. And it's gross.

The fact of the matter is, reward for merit would possibly be believable if the hard working employees left at Acumed... the ones who believe in the company despite the many changes in the regime, were actually getting rewarded for their work. They are not. I know and have known many who are NOT in the "disgruntled" category (but you damn well bet that I am) who are still NOT being rewarded despite trying their best, working hard, and trying to accept and back the leadership team.

You are a joke. And you are insulting.

What's really silly of whoever posted the quoted message, is that argument they're making to defend the company. You know health benefits are pretty standard of most major and minor employers, right? Sure Acumed pays 95% of that and it's factored into your overall benefits package... BUT THAT'S NORMAL OF MOST PLACES IN THE PORTLAND METRO AREA. It's not special, it's not unique, and it doesn't make up for a low wages across the board in a high cost of living area.

Stop posting company propaganda, stop talking down to those of us who are upset that the necessary changes to keep us moderately happy are not happening, and just fucking fix it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As another post states just check out Glassdoor. This company was once something special but now is a mess inside with a leadership team that says one thing and does the opposite. The only truth is that the new president states that she posted a positive review on Glassdoor claiming that Acumed is a destination employer. What a joke. One wonders what the field sales reps think of her and her new team?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“It’s gross”???? What, are we 8 years old?
    If things are so bad, what are you doing to change it?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

gross
    ɡrōs/
    adjective
    1. 1. (especially of wrongdoing) very obvious and unacceptable; blatant.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, so you answered the first question...how about the second one? What are you still doing at Acumed?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run from this company. They have no new products, no purchases and have become non existent in med device. The only reason they stay afloat is because colson has money to keep things going. Chris Smith, if your reader this, it was a bad hire to hire her and she is not doing anything to help this company. Sales people need new products. Does not matter how people people she says she knows or who she brings in. Nothing is happening.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But I'm sure they got a good deal on her! They get a good deal on everybody!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m pretty sure they paid thru the nose for her! Will Colson end up selling when she’s done cleaning up?