What's up in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Actavis' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

unless you have good numbers. then you don't get pushed out.

2. We all know "numbers" in pharma sales - especially Forest/Allergan are subjective. You have multiple people selling the same product. "Goals" are adjusted every quarter. In some territories a monkey can win (Northwest Indiana) when everything is covered on Medicaid. Its a shame.

I'm hanging on here, but have realized this is a dead-end career. The money is OK. Trust me its not great. A $60,000 a year salary is shit these days, especially around Chicago area. The DMs and specialty DMs are horror shows here. Everyone is in fear of their own job so they harass their reps. Anyone else getting like 5-6 texts a day from your boss? Seriously just stop. Im interviewing now and hoping to get into a different industry. Pharma sales is sucking the life out of me. And for what? To make our billionaire CEO richer?

Signed,
    Frustrated in Chicago Region

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a DM in your general area I find your post to be unbelievable. I know of no sales people making under $95K. If you actually make that low a salary you are either a pathetic sales rep on PIP or actually a low admin or IT nerd.

My boys set their goals every quarter, I approve them and away they go. I do ride-alongs with each rep about twice a month to see if I can improve their numbers.

Maybe you were never cut out for sales. I am just leaving work now just after midnite, that's what it takes to be a successful DM (ie a $150K a year base).

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hey genius, starting salaries at Forest are $54,000 with barely any annual raise, so plenty if reps are mzking 60k or less salary. To be a "successful DM" you have to know what JC's semen tastes like.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I rep in your area. You really are under stating our salaries as u don't include our benefits which easily run up to $35k a year wid the car and free samples we get. I think the dm is referring to the 'total package' not jus the w2..I calculated my net comp at about $102k last year.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are the 4 Bears working out in Chicago? About as well as the Bears football team????? Hahahahahaha LOSERS

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is Josh Cox really like to work for?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the kiwi manager still with the company?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is dead and so is J. Hall. After his Chicago train wreck, he became the SL RD and caused major turnover and lousy numbers. Probably did everything SB told him to do and still got fired. Word is he’s a DM for Lilly in Florida now. He was a f’ing joke of a manager. I remember one of passive aggressive voicemails when numbers were tanking “I’ve got to have reps who can get the job done”. Maybe he should have looked inward at his Kmart style of management. We need managers who can manage JH. Looks like the door hit you in the ass on the way out.